Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cooler weather, time to switch 
 Post subject: Cooler weather, time to switch
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Now that I can wear a jacket again, I've switched from carrying my stainless .357 snub to my cool weather gun, a .45 auto. I guess I could easily carry it with lighter clothes but under a T shirt it always feels too large and the snub is usually in my pocket where the .45 won't fit. Anybody else switch to a larger weapon in cool weather?

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:30 am 

Yea, I'm switching from my 45 to a 12 Ga pump under my trenchcoat... :P

I suppose I should qualify that with a "just kidding" or someone's going to wig out...

I've been carrying my 45 in a paddle hoslter (at the rate high noon holsters is going I won't get my IWB until the end of the year). And am very happy about the cooler weather because I can wear jackets and overshirts to cover it up now. Woo hoo! I can finally carry concealed!

Post subject: Highnoon Holsters
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:38 am 

I was going to order a shoulder rig from Highnoon but then I saw the lead time of twelve weeks!!! I have been using a highnoon Topless belt holster for my Sig for about two years now and really think they have great quality. I am not willing to wait 12 weeks so I ordered another Galco Miami Classic instead.

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Post subject: Re: Highnoon Holsters
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:35 am 

durbin6 wrote:
I was going to order a shoulder rig from Highnoon but then I saw the lead time of twelve weeks!!! I have been using a highnoon Topless belt holster for my Sig for about two years now and really think they have great quality. I am not willing to wait 12 weeks so I ordered another Galco Miami Classic instead.

!2 weeks, yea right! Look at their order status page, they are currently working on orders from the beginning of june. I placed my order in august.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:56 am 

I often carry a G17 in the winter. 17 rounds in a reliable platform that I am able to shoot accurately and fast. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:02 am 

JCinMN wrote:
durbin6 wrote:

!2 weeks, yea right! Look at their order status page, they are currently working on orders from the beginning of june. I placed my order in august.

I just quoted their shipping FAQ they have posted on their website. Not sure how they stay in business if they are 5 months behind on orders.

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:06 pm 

durbin6 wrote:
JCinMN wrote:
durbin6 wrote:

I just quoted their shipping FAQ they have posted on their website. Not sure how they stay in business if they are 5 months behind on orders.

Neither do I to be honest, other than just being inundated with an unusual amount of orders.

Maybe just that good of a reputation?

I just went with them because they are one of the few companies that make a holster for the bersa thunder 45

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:23 pm 

From what I've heard, the various custom makers stay in business by being good and offering guns that others don't want to deal with, like that 45 or a makarov.

I will admit though, 12-16 weeks seems excessive.

The last custom order I did was from Milt Sparks. They quoted 8-12 weeks but we got it in 6! Even better as it was a Xmas present for my father from his 3 sons and the middle one was back on leave so we could all be there to give ti to him. But the stupid schmuck still doesn't see the need to carry frequently, and we got him a VM II for his PPK. Oh well, it lets us joke about inheriting all his stuff much sooner than we had planned. :roll:

edited to add: Might as well say that I don't change carry guns or ammo when the weather gets cooler. But I'm more likely to add another gun. :lol:

Steelheart

Post subject: Re: Cooler weather, time to switch
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ramoel wrote:
Anybody else switch to a larger weapon in cool weather?

Same holster everyday; rain, sleet, or snow, or dark of night (or heat wave). :lol:

Sometimes it’s a 40 cal. instead of a 45, but nothing less and always an auto-loader.

During the hottest weather sometime nothing over it but a t-shirt.

And, after several posts as to where to find it and where to get details on this very comfortable holster; that has extreme utility. I will now stop boring everybody about this apparently unknown and unique holster. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

I carry a G19 everyday. When you carry the best, there is no need to change. :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Time to trade up to my 9 mm with the 32 ACP as backup!

OWB and IWB are the name of the game with the larger gun... :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:20 pm 
on probation

Moby Clarke wrote:
I carry a G19 everyday. When you carry the best, there is no need to change. :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:
Glock is a very good firearm. But the sig is the best. Why drive a VW when you can drive a Jaguar. :roll: :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:20 am 
Journeyman Member

durbin6 wrote:

12 weeks is nothing for good leather these days! I ordered a belt from Gary Brommeland in January... I'm waxing impatient, but I know that when it gets here that I'll be happy I waited. Anytime I consider purchasing a new carry piece, one of my first considerations is whether or not Gary makes for that weapon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:40 am 
on probation

durbin6 wrote:
I have a Don Hume shoulder rig for my sig-229 works good. I had one of the Miami Classic for my sig. and one day I order up a Don Hume rig for it and when it came in I try it on and sold my M.C. for 5 Bucks and never look back. "I Love my Don Hume.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:44 pm 

lastgunshop wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:
Glock is a very good firearm. But the sig is the best. Why drive a VW when you can drive a Jaguar. :roll: :wink:

Because you have to worry about road salt ruining the Jaguar in the winter.

:wink:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.