Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 So, I'm thinking about a 9mm... 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:48 am 

I've run 40,000 rounds through my G19. In twelve years I've replaced two broken springs, and a cracked slide stop.

Just my $0.02,

Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:56 am 

A thought from an old guy...before you buy, hold a Browning High power in your hand and if you can shoot it. I have never liked the feel of a glock in my hand, they are great guns, but to ME, they just do not have the feel of a Browning or 1911 Colt. They are reliable, high cap, shoot small groups, easy for a good gun smith to tune (remove mag lock, so you can pull the trigger without a mag in, lighten trigger pull ect) LOTS of grips, sights, mags, and extras for them to really make it your gun. Also it is slim and is a great carry gun. good luck in finding just the right gun for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 am 
Longtime Regular

gunnerbmg wrote:
A thought from an old guy...before you buy, hold a Browning High power in your hand and if you can shoot it. I have never liked the feel of a glock in my hand, they are great guns, but to ME, they just do not have the feel of a Browning or 1911 Colt. They are reliable, high cap, shoot small groups, easy for a good gun smith to tune (remove mag lock, so you can pull the trigger without a mag in, lighten trigger pull ect) LOTS of grips, sights, mags, and extras for them to really make it your gun. Also it is slim and is a great carry gun. good luck in finding just the right gun for you!

GunnerBMG,

You are absolutely right about the Hi-Power, 32 years ago a gunnery instructor put one in my hand and I've loved them ever since.
I like the 1911, but John-Moses refined it into the Hi-Power.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:46 pm 

gunnerbmg wrote:
(remove mag lock, so you can pull the trigger without a mag in, lighten trigger pull ect)

What GLOCKs have mag locks? Is it a regional or custom-order thing?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Ahhhhhhhh....
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:44 pm 

The first gun I ever bought was a 9mm Browning in 1971 NIB for $114.50, and yes, it felt THAT good like you said. I still have that gun, and will never sell it. :D

P.S. The only thing that feels close to that good is an EAA 9mm, which is saying something, and it's higher capacity and DA/SA to boot, which makes it particularly good for CCW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:18 pm 

glock+ipod wrote:
gunnerbmg wrote:
(remove mag lock, so you can pull the trigger without a mag in, lighten trigger pull ect)

I've never heard of a glock w/a mag lock...kinda defeats how to disassemble...unloaded dry-fire.

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:32 pm 
Delicate Flower

226 or 229.

Bet my life on either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:05 am 

Red XIII wrote:
glock+ipod wrote:
gunnerbmg wrote:

I've never heard of a glock w/a mag lock...kinda defeats how to disassemble...unloaded dry-fire.

Red

I am pretty sure he was referring to the mag lock on the HP

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Lots of options
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:36 am 

You gotten the standard replies so far Glock/XD, both are valid options and of the two I'd go Glock strickly based on the trigger feel out of the bx. But look at the other options available there are a lot of great 9's out there.

I shot an M&P last week, great gun. The PX4 is another solid choice in the plastic gun group.

If you go all metal a 92 is a very solid pistol, you could also consider a para or springfield

Revolvers offer some options also and although I've not shot one the Taurus seem to get god reviews.

Try a bunch and see what you can shot and what you like. Everyone has their prefrences but only you can pick the gun to bet you life on.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.