Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 You decide. P32 or P3AT? 

Should I get a P32 or P3AT?
P32  7%  7%  [ 3 ]
P3AT  93%  93%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 42

You decide. P32 or P3AT? 
 Post subject: You decide. P32 or P3AT?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:06 pm 

The time has come.

Kel Tec P32 or P3AT? The only thing I have decided is that it will be in black with hard chrome.

If you have any experience (negative or positive) with either one and you feel like posting please do.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

I picked the 3AT because ammo will be cheaper and you will be more likely to practice with it.

It also packs a little more punch than the 32acp.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

I carry a P32 and it is an easy gun to shoot well for such a small gun. It has the last round hold open and an extra round or even a 10 round mag. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

You'll not hear me say anything negative about my 3AT. No you can't borrow it - it's always on duty.

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:52 pm 

My P3AT was good to go out of the box. It is a great carry weapon for those ultra discreet times.

RTK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:47 pm 

I voted P3AT just because it has a little more ooomph no experience with the 32. This is my always carry either as a BUG or a main when I am to lazy to grab a full size. Pocket carry is much easier for me then with a Jframe. I did a fluff buff from the KTOG site before ever fireing a round just because I felt like tinkering so dont know about out of the box, But have never had issue in appx 500rds.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:42 pm 

I voted P3AT. I have no experience with the .32, but the .380 works great for me. While breaking in the gun I had about 2-3 stove pipes in the first 200 rounds. This could have been from me limp wristing. Since then, about 200 rounds, I have had no problems at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:50 am 

I have both. I had to do a rampdectomy on the P3AT as I was getting huge smiles on the bullets. I had to do a little sending on the extractor on the P-32 to get it to feed onto a thousand rounds of some Damit & Noble? ammo I bought.
I also had to polish the feed ramp on both.
I went into it knowing I might have to do a little work to get them running right, so it was no suprise.
My P-32 is back to Keltec for a repair now. I just didn't want to do it myself.

Oscar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:56 am 

Here's may old P3AT.
Not the guns fault. By buddy did this we think with a squib round followed up with a good one. If you look close at the barrel just below the black plastic portion you can see the rupture that went all the way down the barrel.
Be carfull.
Keltec replaced it with a new one with my old serial number on it. No charge.
They have great customer service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:12 pm 

As long as we are talking about Kel-Tec, I was wondering if anyone has experience with the PF-9? I'm thinking this as one of the things I deserve for getting a tax refund this year :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:04 pm 

P3AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

Odd you should do this poll... I've been looking at the same choice. It seems that for a few grams and a couple tenths of an ince in dimensions I can go with the .380.

Those guns are SMALL! I need to talk Srigs into joining me at the range so I can give his a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:06 am 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
Odd you should do this poll... I've been looking at the same choice. It seems that for a few grams and a couple tenths of an ince in dimensions I can go with the .380.

Those guns are SMALL! I need to talk Srigs into joining me at the range so I can give his a try.

Where and when! 8)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:23 am 

i went to the frontiersman the other day and asked to see a p3at. the guy behind the counter showed me one he had for sale. it was pretty neat and so small. i asked him what he thought and he told me some things he suggested to make it more usable. shortening the trigger so it will not pinch your finger build the trigger up to strengthen it and fill and sand the join in the trigger guard.

he then proceeded to pull HIS p3at out of his back pocket and showed me what he had done to his pistol. i was awfully impressed that of all the pistols in the store, this is the one he said he carries all the time. i believe i will be getting one of these in the next few months. it just disappeared when i tucked it in my waistband.

p.s.
and i would love to meet at bill's when one of these weapons is being shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:43 am 

the_interpreter wrote:
p.s.
and i would love to meet at bill's when one of these weapons is being shot.

I might be at Bill's South late this afternoon with mine. I'll see how the weather shakes out and post later today in this thread.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.