Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Pocket Carry 45 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:50 pm 

plblark wrote:
DieselDood wrote:
plblark wrote:
OK OK OK back to the regularly scheduled advice for Deisel Dood :-)

Sorry for the hijack :-)

LOL I was enjoying the conversation! 8)

Here's the other thing. 2 times ago, when I went shooting, my 1911 stopped locking back on the last round on 2 of my magazines. Ironically both brand new kimber mags (I know I know...they were a gift). But on the other 2 mags I have it was working fine. So I cleaned everything, took appart the magazines, checked them over. I found nothing "wrong." The last time I shot, I now have 3 magainzes that aren't locking back. (one of which is a factory mag)

It appears the locking lever that is pushed up by the magazine follower is only going about half way up into the locking lug on the slide. I'd like to get another carry weapon before I find out what Springfield would like to do. I'm sure they will say everything is fine...and charge me for it...

DD

Someone who knows 1911's better than I could probably tell you more but ... are slide lock levers interchangable? or not? Would Springfield send you one and RMA the old one? Would Ryan or someone at Bill's North be willing to take a look at it and offer advice? How much is the part to buy? Would a spare make sense anyway?

yeah, yeah ... more questions than answers.

The last time I was at Bills south I talked with someone...I cant' remember his name. We discussed how the slide lock works. It's very simple really...

But even through our conversation and inspecting the gun, I can't find anything sold to stand on. The fact that 3/4 magazines won't lock back makes me think it's a gun issue not a magazine issue. The only thing I can physically notice..it appears the notch in the slide isn't a straight cut. It looks almost like it's been peened back ever so slightly. I think if it was straight up and down the lever would go all the way up into the notch, instead of half way like it does when/if it does lock back.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Are you planning on being at or near Bill's N. in the near future....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:14 pm 

hammAR wrote:
Are you planning on being at or near Bill's N. in the near future....?

I havent been there before. I'd like to go soon. I haven't shot in about a month. Let me talk to my roomie, she may watch my daughter for a while, so I could go shoot.... 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

The new Kahr PM-45

or the S&W Chief's Special CS45 (get one while you can, they discontinued it recently)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:16 am 
Longtime Regular

squib_joe wrote:
The new Kahr PM-45

or the S&W Chief's Special CS45 (get one while you can, they discontinued it recently)

woulda been nice if the Kahr rep had decided to show for the show :-(

Those both look like something I'd like to shoot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:12 am 
Longtime Regular

My Taurus PT145 has been a reliable little gun so far. If you're a real sized guy ( gonna get flamed for that!!) It'll hide away in your back trouser pocket pretty well. I've carried mine in my jacket pocket, front trousers pocket, rear trousers pocket. I don't know how well it shows (prints) from the rear, but it does fit completely in MY rear pocket. 10+1 in a nice little 45 semi-auto.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:37 pm 

BigRobT wrote:
My Taurus PT145 has been a reliable little gun so far. If you're a real sized guy ( gonna get flamed for that!!) It'll hide away in your back trouser pocket pretty well. I've carried mine in my jacket pocket, front trousers pocket, rear trousers pocket. I don't know how well it shows (prints) from the rear, but it does fit completely in MY rear pocket. 10+1 in a nice little 45 semi-auto.

Well I'm 5'11'' 200lbs. Around average I'd think.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dieseldood, I'm about your height and weight. I carry a Taurus PT 745 IWB. The 745 is a 6+1. The main difference from the other Taurus is that the grip is thinner and "prints" a little less. It's also 3 oz lighter.

Get yourself a *quality* holster and belt and you could pr'y carry whatever you'd like.

tman065

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:36 am 

COBRA PATRIOT .45 = $250.00 20 OZS.
TAURUS MIL PRO .45 = $325.00 23 OZS.
GLOCK 36 .45 = $550.00 20 OZS.
KIMBER CDP ULTRA 2 = $1,100.00 25 OZS.

I have all of the above and they all work fine. If your on a tight budget go with the Cobra altough I like the added capacity of the Taurus mill pro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

DieselDood,

I have a Khar 45 if you want to try it out at Bill's south. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:11 pm 

JDR wrote:
DieselDood,

We may have to work something out with that....
I'll bring the ammo...and you can feel free to play with my 1911 as well!

This week I'm pretty full up, but hopefully next week we can meet up!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:28 am 

I just acquired a Para Ordnance P10-45: 1911 format, 3" barrel, 10-round mag (double stack). I think it's the predecessor of the Warthog series. Recoil is much more tolerable than I was expecting from such a small gun with such a short grip (my pinky finger just barely fits). But the all-steel construction gives this little beast a loaded weight of 2.7 lbs which absorbs much of the kick. I've had a couple of FTF's when the round didn't quite make it out of the magazine. We'll see what happens with more use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:56 am 

JDR wrote:
DieselDood,

Does it conceal well and shoot nice? I am thinking of buying one. IT felt good in my hands when I touched it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

JDR wrote:
DieselDood,

please let me know if / when you do this... I'm very interested in one nd the Kahr rep no showed at the Bill's show this time around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Has anyone thought about one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

I shot one at Bisley a few years ago, they're kind of fun. Their availabilty is a bit limited. Although I know where there are about 3/4 million of them in the Pacific, I'm sure some of them are still good.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.