Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Charter Bulldog 2½" 44 Special 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:29 pm 
1911 tainted

Pat Cannon wrote:
cobb wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:
Hmm, that Rossi 720 only weighs a few ounces more than my SP101. I assume there's a cushy grip available from Hogue or somebody. Or maybe one of those Sorbothane heel pads for running shoes, and some duct tape.

My Rossi 720 came with a rubber finger grooved grips from the factory. Want to borrow it sometime to shoot a bug course?
Cool, sure!

Which reminds me since there is another response to this thread to activate it again. Just let me know Pat and I would be more than happy to let you shoot my Rossi 720 in .44 special in a Faribault bug gun match. I usually have it with me in my car and will have enough rounds for you to shoot the course of fire. :D It will make bigger holes than you SP101, that may be a benefit.

I will offer this to any forum member that shoots at Faribault, just let me know so that I make sure that I have the gun and ammo with.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:49 am 
Longtime Regular

KonaSeven wrote:
Sounds like the old ones are the good ones according to this thread.

The problem with the old ones is they are almost all 3" barreled ones. The latest version seems to be pretty good. The DA trigger pull out of the box is pretty long and bad. I have only a couple hundred live rounds and maybe 500 dry fires on mine and it has improved significantly. It needed some breaking in.

The metal finish is not as well executed as a S&W, but try and find a 2½" bbl 5 shot S&W in 44 special. There just aren't any. If you do find one, the price will be at least an order of magnitude higher that the Charter.

The 2½" Pug is a viable pocket gun. And a pocket-full of power. If it was a little more refined in its mfg I would say it is an ideal carry piece.

I'm also snooping around for a 2" 5-shot 45 acp revolver. mmmmmm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:51 am 
Longtime Regular

yeah but it's a pretty HEAVY pocket gun. I shot one a few weeks ago though and it was a lot of fun for the first couple cylinders. That's a lot of punch in a small package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:57 am 
Longtime Regular

The weight is not that bad. With a good belt, you don't notice the weight. If your 38 was all steel, I bet it would weigh the same.

Taurus had a titanium one and a Ultra-lite model. Never, ever seen either one for sale anywhere. Would love to lay my hands on one. The website says they are discontinued.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:07 am 
The Man

DeanC wrote:
KonaSeven wrote:
Sounds like the old ones are the good ones according to this thread.

The problem with the old ones is they are almost all 3" barreled ones.
Yup. I lucked out; mine's got the 2" tube. Mine's cosmetically very ugly -- that's why I was able to get it for under $200 -- but it shoots just fine. I've been tempted to get it coated, but spending $200 for a good coating job (or more) is kind of like putting lipstick on a pig.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:09 am 
Longtime Regular

The other nice thing on the new ones is the ejector rod is fully shrouded:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.