Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Glock G26 or... 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:22 am 
Longtime Regular

I was making a somewhat twisted reference to this: http://wcco.com/crime/local_story_136151544.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:26 am 
In the time out chair

Ahh.....I'm not local, so it went right over my head.

I heard about the incident, but didn't recall the name of the restaurant.

This could be a clue that they might be a bit sensitive about guns and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they post.

I used to lock revolvers under the seat with a bike cable when I had to leave the gun in the car. It's quite secure with a steel triggerguard, but I wonder how secure it is with a Glock?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:11 pm 

Concerning the earlier discussion in this thread about what Streicher's will sell to the public, I tried to order one of those new J-frame M&P 340 revolvers today, and the friendly guy working there came back and told me that unfortunately all M&P items--semi-autos and revolvers--cannot be sold to the public per their S&W contract. Has anyone bought M&P firearms from them in the past? Perhaps this is a new restriction.

Thanks for any feedback!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:06 pm 

I bought an M&P 9mm compact there 4/26 (pretty good price too!) and I had no law enforcement affiliation. At that time I asked specifically if they sold firearms to the general public and one of their people said yes, except for the Glocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:02 am 
Longtime Regular

I've had the same discussion. Over the phone, you're GOING to be told that they don't sell to the public. In person, it seems to depend who you talk to. I talked to someone (wish I had his name) in person the other day and he said the Glock thing is contractual while the M&P thing is between them and their S&W rep who would like to keep it similar to the LEO only thing if possible. It's possible this is to keep the very low prices at Streichers and the package deal from interfering with his other accounts.

IF you can get Streicher's to sell you the M&P, it comes with 3 mags and night sights for ~$450 which is a ~$100 savings over the sticker prices found elsewhere in town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:59 pm 

Greetings:

Thank you very much for your feedback. I was in Streicher's this weekend and a different person working there told me that while they were a bit inconsistent in enforcing their M&P rule in the past, now they are rigorous about it. Dang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:49 am 
Longtime Regular

I might go talk to the guy at Ralph's Gun & Pawn in Ramsey. He seems to be able to get just about anything and is willing to work with folks on the price. I forget his name. I think it's Greg or Gary. Also, look up WhiteTail firearms in Monticello. He's the same. He'll special order anything he legitimately can and is also willing to work with folks on price. His name is Dan. He doesn't have a storefront.

Ralph's Gun & Pawn
6101 Highway 10 NW
Anoka, MN 55303
(763) 421-1837

or this entry:
Ralph's Gun and Pawn
6101 HWY 10 NW
Anoka, MN 55303
Phone: (763) 427-2000
Fax: (763) 427-4899

Dan White
Whitetail Firearms
Monticello, MN 55362
phone: 763-295-5601 evenings
cellular: 763-295-5750 Days

I hope the numbers are still good.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.