Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Glock G26 or... 
 Post subject: Glock G26 or...
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:09 pm 

(First Post)

I know this has probably been covered over an over again but after doing a thoughtful search of the site, I still would appreciate your input.

I am looking very strongly at a Glock G26 as my 1st carry gun. I have looked at the XD Sub Compact, and the G30 and G36 in .45ACP, and after shooting them all, the G26 felt and shot the best for me. I have 2 other Glocks (17 & 21) so the trigger, ergos, and operation are quite comfortable and familiar.

I was wondering if any of you currently have or have carried the 26. What are your impressions of its carry’ability’?

Is there another option I should consider…I am curious about the Kahr PM9 but have not shot it and don’t know anyone who has for their impression.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:19 pm 
Delicate Flower

Welcome styx.

I'm sure you will get feedback to your question. Please hit the submit button only once (I deleted the two extras) and give the system time to process.

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:20 am 
Longtime Regular

Welcome to the forum, you will I am sure get a bunch of responses to this question. Here is my not so expert opinion, let me know if I can be of further help.

I know many people who carry the Glock, your best bet is to shoot many many different guns and find the one that works best for you. Do not go into the process with preconceived notions of what you want. I personally cannot readily shoot a Glock, it does not point right for me.

Given that you shoot and like Glocks go with the one that fits your concealment needs without sacrificing accuracy and capacity.. The 26 is of adequate caliber to use as a carry gun so if you cna shoot it accurately go for it. They are dead bang reliable and from what I have seen hit what you point them at.

Good Luck.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 am 
Longtime Regular

First of all welcome to the forum! :)

My sub-compact carry gun is a Kel-tec P11 which is thinner, rounder and less expensive. The negative side of the gun is the trigger is about 8.5 lbs until it works in and is much more like a DAO revolver. It also matches mags with my S&W 6946 DAO gun.

Using the same mags for multiple guns is a very good option IMHO. :D

Keep asking questions...

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:30 am 
1911 tainted

I have sold the Glocks that I owned, just not my thing. But I do own a Kahr PM9 and really like it. I bought it after shooting one at an IDPA match and was impressed. My brother shot my PM9 and then went out and bought one for himself. I have heard that some people have had problems, don't know personally, but have seen posting on other forums. I did own a PM40, but after it 2 trips back to the factory and still having problems, Kahr offered to replace it with another model, so I got rid of it.

I do carry my Kahr, it is the one that always goes on road trips me and sit next to my bed in the motel room. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:46 am 
Longtime Regular

Welcome aboard.
I have a S&W M&P40Compact which is a bit bigger than the G26/27. I'd suggest giving it a look if you're in between. The grip asngle is somewhere between the Glock and the XD, it has 3 different back straps, and it shoots well for me.

I'd be willing to meet at Bill's North or Metro Gun club and shoot it some afternoon (3:30p - 4:30p)

Let me know.

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:26 pm 

Hi Styx,

My primary carry gun is a Glock 26 with a Galco IWB holster. I’ve been very fond of easily I can conceal it. It sounds like our situations are similar in owning multiple Glocks. I really like the fact that the 26 feels so much like my 17 that I’m very used to shooting. That was a big factor for me as in a high-stress situation, I want a gun in my hand that I know inside and out.

Good luck in your search. There are many excellent guns to choose from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
Welcome aboard.
I have a S&W M&P40Compact... I'd be willing to meet at Bill's North or Metro Gun club and shoot it some afternoon (3:30p - 4:30p)

Let me know.

Paul

You bastard! :wink: I want one. Where did you pick it up? :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
plblark wrote:
Welcome aboard.
I have a S&W M&P40Compact... I'd be willing to meet at Bill's North or Metro Gun club and shoot it some afternoon (3:30p - 4:30p)

Let me know.

Paul

wanna go shoot it sometime?

I bought it at Bill's North. Does Streicher's sell new to the public? I think they also had a decent deal on one with night sghts... They might even have the model with that magazine disconnect safety...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
Srigs wrote:
plblark wrote:
Welcome aboard.

Let me know.

Paul

I bought it at Bill's North. Does Streicher's sell new to the public? I think they also had a decent deal on one with night sghts... They might even have the model with that magazine disconnect safety...

Yes I want to go shoot it and I'll even supply the ammo. I'm not sure if Streichers sell to us non-LEO people. :(

Side Guard Holsters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Streicher's sells new to the public except for Glock. Contract thing -- they only sell NEW Glocks to cops.

[Edited to clarify]

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have a Glock 26 that I'm very fond of.I switch between it and an XD40 sub-compact depending on my mood and clothing . It seems that the 26 conceals a little easier.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Streicher sell used Glocks to the public?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

MNBud wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Streicher sell used Glocks to the public?

Yup. Used Glocks to anyone, new Glocks to law enforcement only. I edited my post to clarify that.

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:30 pm 
Forum Moderator

For reliability, ease of securing parts if ever needed, availability of aftermarket holsters etc., a Glock is a choice that is hard to argue as a bad choice. I have the 26, 19 and 17. Of the three, I shoot the 26 better than the other two. But, it is the 19 that is the "go to" choice when carrying. For me, there just is not a sufficient enough diminuiton in size to take the 26 over the 19, but it is a fine gun.

If you are going to carry a Glock, take a look also at holsters from

http://rmholsters.com

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:36 pm 
On time out

Srigs wrote:
plblark wrote:
Srigs wrote:
plblark wrote:
Welcome aboard.

Let me know.

Paul

Yes I want to go shoot it and I'll even supply the ammo. I'm not sure if Streichers sell to us non-LEO people. :(

Striechers are $450 with night sights for the full size and compact. I have both the fullsize and compact so if anyone wants to meet at bills let me know ;) I love both of my guns and they both carry well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.