Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:26 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Glock 30 
 Post subject: Glock 30
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

For some reason I've started to think I "need" a Glock 30. No real reason, just a desire. I almost bought one last year but got an XD40 Sub instead. I've read a lot of good reports about them and also seen pictures of a G30 after a Ka-Boom with factory ammo. Most owners seem to like them, think they shoot well and are pretty accurate.

I guess I'm just looking for some feedback from those with experience with this gun. I'm not trying to be talked into one or out of one, just gathering info.

Thanks for any help or advice about the G30.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:35 pm 
Forum Moderator

I am an admitted Glockaholic. I have had more than my share of model 21's...all great. The G30 size is still a handful due to its double stack configuration. I prefer the 36 for a concealment gun, but the 30 is certainly an excellent model.

Glock .45's are some of the softest shooting .45's....but big.

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Last edited by phorvick on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Glock 30
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:14 pm 
1911 tainted

Ramoel wrote:
For some reason I've started to think I "need" a Glock 30. No real reason, just a desire.

Sounds like a good reason to me. 8)

I think Glocks are a fine weapon and have owned a couple. I am a 1911 person and just didn't care for the big grip and the grip angle wasn't just right for me.

I have been looking at Glocks again and think the 36 would make a good carry Glock.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Look at the 36 before you make up your mind.

One nice thing about the 30 is that it also accepts the model 21 mags... if you want a few more shots or more of a grip on the gun, its a nice option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:47 am 

I passed on the 30 because I have small hands. The 36 fit me better. Keep in mind that most people like there 36 but some like me, had to send it back to Glock because it didn't eject once in a while.
That said. it's now running fine now and I shoot it better than most of my others.
Oscar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:28 am 
Longtime Regular

I have had one for a while, its my shower gun......anyhow if you want to take it for a spin let me know..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:41 am 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
I have had one for a while, its my shower gun......

Shower gun??? I always shower with a stainless revolver, the Navy Seals say that works best coming out of the water, no barrel plugs or plastic bags needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:55 am 

I have this same "need" for a Glock 29, but my wife disagrees with the need part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've just got to have one of these.

Pretty funny article: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Glock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

I need a new bathtub gun.

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:48 am 
Longtime Regular

I checked out the G30 and the G36. They are both kind of chubby and no big improvement over my XD40 Sub as far as ease of carry. G36 is thinner but only 7 shots so not much better than a revolver. I decided again just like last year that I don't really want one. :oops: Thanks for all the replies.

Oh, I did make a big mistake and handled a S&W 642 which I hadn't done before. Felt like a feather compared to my other J frames. Before I could put it down and walk away, I had my wallet out and bought it. Fits nice in a pocket holster and I hardly know it's there. Downside, it's only a .38 but a lot better than a mouse gun and could easily become an always gun or a good BUG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:58 am 

Ramoel wrote:
Oh, I did make a big mistake and handled a S&W 642 which I hadn't done before. Felt like a feather compared to my other J frames. Before I could put it down and walk away, I had my wallet out and bought it. Fits nice in a pocket holster and I hardly know it's there. Downside, it's only a .38 but a lot better than a mouse gun and could easily become an always gun or a good BUG.

Uh yep. The stinkin little things just sneak up on you and before you know it you're hooked. In summer it's my always gun. In winter it's my almost always gun. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lumbering.buffalo, here's the new toy. I changed the grips to some from my "grip box", they worked well on a .357 J frame with full house loads so they should tame this lightweight. It still fits well in my pocket and the smooth grips don't stick to my pocket when drawing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:24 pm 

Ramoel wrote:
Lumbering.buffalo, here's the new toy. I changed the grips to some from my "grip box", they worked well on a .357 J frame with full house loads so they should tame this lightweight. It still fits well in my pocket and the smooth grips don't stick to my pocket when drawing.

Mine's getting a trigger job. After that I'm thinking boot grips.

These things are like women. You spend a lot of money to get one and then you spend a lot of money to keep them happy. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ramoel wrote:
I did make a big mistake and handled a S&W 642...

Yeah... That'll happen...

They should come with a disclaimer...

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.