Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 New Bersa Thunder CC 
 Post subject: New Bersa Thunder CC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

I just received my new Thunder Concealed Carry model. It is shorter length wise, not as tall and slimmer than the original Bersa .380. Great carry gun. Comes with an 8 round mag and the finger groves are built into the frame. It also has a semi-bobbed hammer, although it is still able to be cocked. Very small iron sights are part of the slide. Even though it did not like the Fiocchi ammo I bought, it preformed well with the Magtech and Speer. Now I just need a holster and all will be well.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

If the safety was ambidextrous, I'd have been all over that. :(

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

After reading the Bersa forum, I found that, while it doubles as a safety, many claim Bersa did not design it to be carried that way. Most members recommended carry with the hammer down, in DA/SA mode. The trigger is at least 8 pounds of pull, much like my Colt Agent revolver. I have no problem carrying it with out the safety engaged.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Interesting, and with a nice solid trigger I suppose you're right, leaving it off is fine.

Perhaps this goes back on the interest list... :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was able to get to the range on Monday afternoon and brought several different varieties of ammo to see if it was ammo or gun that had the issue. I am pleased to say it was the Fiocchi ammo that is the issue.

Not sure why, but all the other ammo, American Eagle, PMC, CCI Brass and Magtech worked flawlessly. Further, a guy in the next bay was shooting his Colt .380 using, you guessed it, Fiocchi ammo and not having any issues. So I guess my particular gun does not like Fiocchi. Weird, but not a new issue based on reading other forums.

And by the way, what a great little gun. Accurate, easy to manage recoil, flat as a pancake and fun to shoot. I am anxious to get my holsters from Sideguard so I can carry this little gem from time to time and take the Glock off my belt. If you are in the market for a slim, inexpensive primary/back up gun, give the Bersa Thunder CC a look. I have now put over 350 rounds through it and, with the obvious Fiocchi exception, have not had any FTFeed or extract. Additionally, I left it dirty for all of those 350 rounds to see how it would perform and the last mag was as good as the first. She was dirty when I got home and cleaned her up, put it was a good test and she passed.

Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.