Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Sig 220 Carry vs. Sig 220 Compact 
 Post subject: Sig 220 Carry vs. Sig 220 Compact
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:05 am 

Does the .45's, Sig 220 Carry have an actual "smaller" grip then the Sig 220 Compact, or just a shorter grip with shorter mag?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 am 
Journeyman Member

Caveat - I don't own either. But from looking at dimensions and info on the sig site, it looks like they probably have the same grip size around the grip. Both are single stack. Also, looks like it's the "carry" that has the longer grip, not the "compact," as the carry can hold 8+1 and is 5.5" tall overall, and the compact is 6+1, and 5" tall overall. The compact differs in one more way, it looks like, in that it has a beavertail, but the carry doesn't and thus is a tad shorter overall. fwiw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:22 pm 

The P220 and P220 Carry have the same frame: the slide and barrel on the Carry are shorter.

The P220 Compact is a revised P245: the magazine finger rest is longer, giving better purchase on the grip, and the beaver tail was added for the same reason.

I own and carry the P245. I replaced the original magazine base plates with the newer ones and it made a big improvement. I can't add a beaver tail, so a Handall with a finger groove has to do. I will say that with these changes, the gun is "less unpleasant" for me to use, and practice is much more tolerable. I have no problems with my stock P220.

I don't understand the P220 Carry concept. A full-sized grip is less concealable, and what is gained from the half-inch removed from the barrel? Quicker draw, perhaps.

Hope this is helpful.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.