Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:53 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 LCP joins the family 
 Post subject: LCP joins the family
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Wife and I got an LCP. Cute little gun. We got the modified one (the notch is cut out). Flawless through about 70 rds. so far.

It could use some more aggressive checkering/knurling (whatever) on the front strap. I feel like I have to squeeze the poop out of it to keep my grip consistant.

We shot it at 12 yds. and easily crushed minute-of-badguy. As long as I really covered my target, I didn't feel like it shot low.

380acp ain't so cute and soft coming from a gun that weighs about as much as a humming bird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:26 am 
Longtime Regular

You summed it up well. It is a handful (my P3AT) and the grip is not great but they work and is one gun (or backup) you can always have with you.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject: Re: LCP joins the family
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:18 am 
1911 tainted

bensdad wrote:
We got the modified one (the notch is cut out).

I have heard this referenced before but cannot find a description.

Notch cut out where and why?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:44 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... hlight=lcp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Any issues firing hollow points? Hydroshocks specifically?

Had a guy looking for ammo for his LCP - but a different bullet 'shoulder' angle then the Hydroshocks as the gun turned into a single shot pistol with them.

He was going to try some hard cast +P Buffalo Bores to see if the issue was resolved - penatration shouldn't be an issue with these!

He stated he didn't have any issues with FMJ - I suggested EFMJ, but they can be hard to find.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
He stated he didn't have any issues with FMJ - I suggested EFMJ, but they can be hard to find.

Mostly-

I'm betting if Streichers doesn't stock them, they'll have them in your mailbox with in 2 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:11 pm 

A bicycle tube cut and stretched over the grip will make it a whole lot nicer to fire and remove the need for a deathgrip. I like it enough that thats how I carry mine. Also Golden Sabers are almost the same profile as FMJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 am 
Longtime Regular

Thanks for the tube idea. I've always used hockey tape on my Hi-Point. Rubber sounds like a better plan.

As for other bullets, we've only fired ball so far. I just got a shipment of 500 JSPHB bullets from our friends at http://www.zerobullets.com/. I hope it feeds these. If not, the Bersa's gonna get some playtime.

Post subject: LCP grip
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:39 am 

To soften the sting of the Ruger I used the Hogue slip on small auto grip, had to trim on the bottom, with a rectangular piece of 6 mil craft foam on the backstrap. When I took the picture I had 4 mil foam on the back strap but changed it to 6 mil for more cushion. The foam is for craft projects, $1.50 for a 8 1/2 X 11 inch sheet, got it in black. I glued the foam to the backstrap but if I did it again would try gluing it to the inside of the Hogue grip rubber back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nice. I like that. Do you have to order those grips, or are they available in a store in the Twins?

One last question (that I'm afraid to ask, as I'll expose myself as the Nervous-Pervous that I am): Do you folks carry this gun with one in the pipe? I've only been carrying for a short while, and have never carried anything that didn't have a safety.

Post subject: LCP
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:59 pm 

The Hogue grip I bought at the local Sportmens Warehouse, size small for autos. I think it was about $7. I carry the Ruger loaded in the back right pocket with a round in the chamber as long as the trigger is covered with the holster I don't worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:07 pm 

I add the Hogue grip to mine too, but I put it on upside down so that there isn't the extra rubber to fill with cushion on the backstrap. Still had to trim it so it wasn't over long. I like the hogue for the finger groove. I have the Beaver Creek / Uncle Mikes slip on grip on my P3AT, and that fits more snugly but no finger groove.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

bensdad wrote:
One last question (that I'm afraid to ask, as I'll expose myself as the Nervous-Pervous that I am): Do you folks carry this gun with one in the pipe? I've only been carrying for a short while, and have never carried anything that didn't have a safety.

You're a nervous-pervous. ;) The trigger is about 40 pounds and has a travel of about seven yards. That's the safety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
You're a nervous-pervous. The trigger is about 40 pounds and has a travel of about seven yards. That's the safety.

That's great. Make fun of the new guy.

In all seriousness, there's a little goblin in my head (looks like my dad, but smaller and with wild hair) who says there should be TWO operations required to take a gun from risk-free conveyance to bang.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.