Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 LCP joins the family 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:25 am 
Longtime Regular

bensdad wrote:
Quote:
You're a nervous-pervous. The trigger is about 40 pounds and has a travel of about seven yards. That's the safety.

That's great. Make fun of the new guy.

In all seriousness, there's a little goblin in my head (looks like my dad, but smaller and with wild hair) who says there should be TWO operations required to take a gun from risk-free conveyance to bang.

And there are...
1 - Engage Brain
2 - Engage Trigger

Simple! :lol:

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:47 am 
Longtime Regular

bensdad wrote:
Quote:
You're a nervous-pervous. The trigger is about 40 pounds and has a travel of about seven yards. That's the safety.

That's great. Make fun of the new guy.

Well, a guy gets tired of making fun of the same old guys.

Quote:
In all seriousness, there's a little goblin in my head (looks like my dad, but smaller and with wild hair) who says there should be TWO operations required to take a gun from risk-free conveyance to bang.

I hear you. In equal seriousness, I consider the holster to be the first safety. Properly holstered guns cant fire, so the two operations are 1) unholster and 2) pull 40-lb trigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:31 am 

Quote:
I hear you. In equal seriousness, I consider the holster to be the first safety. Properly holstered guns cant fire, so the two operations are 1) unholster and 2) pull 40-lb trigger.

I completely agree - although I think it is common for folks that are just beginning to carry to instinctively believe that it is "safer" to carry with the chamber empty. It only took me a few practice draws from the myrid of holsters that use to prove that the idea of drawing, and then effectively chambering a round under duress is far more of a risk then carrying a round in the chamber - just be sensitive to the type of weapon you have with you - for example, my XD-SC, while small, is probably not a gun that I would carry in a jacket or front pocket without a holster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:

Andrew, you mean Draw, right?
:D :D :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:

Andrew, you mean Draw, right?
:D :D :D :D :D :D

"Deholster"?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.