Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 going to buy a new gun- glock 27 or 36 
 Post subject: going to buy a new gun- glock 27 or 36
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 am 

so the question is caliber versus capacity
when i carried before i carried a variaty of pistols from a phoenix 22 for a pocket gun, to a g36, a smith model 13 4 inch and even on occasion a 1911 my most common gun was the G36 followed by the phoenix when i was going places a fobus holster would not be a good idea, but i sold my g36 some time ago and have decided i want a carry glock again.

the g36 was a great gun and i really like the slim size of it, but a capacity 7 versus ten and the 27 is a bit more compact

an opinions would be great thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:27 am 
The Man

I find the snap of the .40 uncomfortable in a mini-Glock. May be just my hands, since I don't have trouble with it when I'm shooting a small Kahr. I'd go with the 26 -- in fact, while I won't carry it (it doesn't point well for me; I have to rely on the sights), I have a 26, and find it fun to shoot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:19 am 

do you mean 26 or 36, the 36 is the 45 while the 26 is the 9mm?

as i have been thinking of getting the 26 just for fun and then maybe adding a 40 cal slide some time, this may boild down to i should just get a 36 and a 26 and get a slide conversion for the 26 to 27 some time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:22 am 
The Man

DTDK wrote:
do you mean 26 or 36, the 36 is the 45 while the 26 is the 9mm?

as i have been thinking of getting the 26 just for fun and then maybe adding a 40 cal slide some time, this may boild down to i should just get a 36 and a 26 and get a slide conversion for the 26 to 27 some time
I mean the 26; I've never fired a 36. I have shot the 30, though, and found it far more controllable than the 27; I can deal with the heavy push of the .45 easier than the snap of the .40 more easily in a gun that size.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

For strictly a carry gun, I'd go with the 36. I also think the .40 is a bit rough when a small compact and light weight gun is wrapped around it.

Capacity, I don't know, more is usually better, hard to argue that. But with 7 rounds, you are better off than a lot of people who stick with 5 shot snubbies, plus you can reload faster I'd think with a semi-auto. So I wouldn't beat myself up on capacity too much.

The smaller Glocks are not plinkers, but you've owned one, so you know that. The differences are pretty small, and can all be solved with personal preference. I like the .45 acp round myself. I'm not convinced the .40 is the next best thing, and it can be a little harder to reload for if you get to that some day. Keep in mind that .40 is more expensive to buy than .45 is right now anyway.

Post subject: Re: going to buy a new gun- glock 27 or 36
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

DTDK wrote:
so the question is caliber versus capacity
when i carried before i carried a variaty of pistols from a phoenix 22 for a pocket gun, to a g36, a smith model 13 4 inch and even on occasion a 1911 my most common gun was the G36 followed by the phoenix when i was going places a fobus holster would not be a good idea, but i sold my g36 some time ago and have decided i want a carry glock again.

the g36 was a great gun and i really like the slim size of it, but a capacity 7 versus ten and the 27 is a bit more compact

an opinions would be great thanks

< insert ad for Taurus PT145 here > :D

I like the Taurus Millenium Pro PT145. Ten round magazine, comfortable in my hand, different grip angle than the Glocks. Thumb safety, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:47 pm 
Journeyman Member

I personally love the 36. Have shot one many times now and am trying to pick up a used one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:05 am 

yeah im thinking im going to need the 36 and a 26, the 36 was an excellent carry gun pointed and shot very well for me and the truth be told i didnt plinking with the 36, infact the only gun i didnt really like for range shooting was my p7m13 i had at one point in time, as the bottom of the frame would get very hot due to the gas opperation of the slide.
and the 26 i think will be fun espeacially with a 22 conversion on it for alot of plinking

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.