Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Thats some recoil... 
 Post subject: Thats some recoil...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:50 am 

Sorry if this has made its way through here before. Wife sent this to me via email. Not sure where she got it...

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://smg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v375/pindk/extreme_recoil.flv"></embed>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Now that's knockdown power!!!

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:31 am 
Journeyman Member

On BOTH ends!

Post subject: Jib-Jab!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:34 pm 

Yup, it's been on every gun site in the world, and due to the hapless guys in the turbans shooting this, it was particularly popular at the start of the Iraqi war.

Bottom line, the film was shot here in the US in a fairly prestigous ballistic lab, but it's still a complete set up. The .577 Tyranosaur is a rifle that is supposed to be set up with THREE mercury recoil supressors, and this one obviously has none. Add to that the beating the rifle takes in the video (yeah, like you would let a 4 figure custom hunting rifle YOU owned bounce off walls and floors??), and you can see it's completly staged as a WWF slapdown event.

Post subject: Re: Jib-Jab!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:22 pm 
Forum Moderator

Seismic Sam wrote:
Yup, it's been on every gun site in the world, and due to the hapless guys in the turbans shooting this, it was particularly popular at the start of the Iraqi war.

Bottom line, the film was shot here in the US in a fairly prestigous ballistic lab, but it's still a complete set up. The .577 Tyranosaur is a rifle that is supposed to be set up with THREE mercury recoil supressors, and this one obviously has none. Add to that the beating the rifle takes in the video (yeah, like you would let a 4 figure custom hunting rifle YOU owned bounce off walls and floors??), and you can see it's completly staged as a WWF slapdown event.

And no muzzle brake!

My 16 lb Ultralite 50 BMG has lots less recoil and about 20% more muzzle energy! It has about the recoil of a stiff 12 ga but a lot more noise and shock wave!

Here is Acurate Reloading's web page with all the videos and lots more information on the .557 T Rex...

http://www.accuratereloading.com/videos.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Sorry!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:37 pm 

Yes, I forgot the muzzle brake, and after seeing guys shooting 50 BMG rifles at Oakdale with NO problem at all, that's just further proof of how much BS this whole setup was from the get-go.

BTW- A standard 50 BMG load requires 265 grains of powder, (half an OUNCE), so you get about 32 rounds to a pound of powder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:18 am 

I must admit I have zero experience with the big bore rifles, but I've seen a few pictures in my life time, and I don't recall seeing a muzzle break on one of the big doubles or even a bolt action big bore African type rifle. Ever.

Post subject: Re: Jib-Jab!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:50 am 

Seismic Sam wrote:
Bottom line, the film was shot here in the US in a fairly prestigous ballistic lab,

The indoor range in the videos is located in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.