Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:47 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Desperately Seeking home for young cat 
 Post subject: Desperately Seeking home for young cat
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 am 
Raving Moderate

Hey guys,

This is from my mom- long story short, she had a cat take up residence in her crawl space under her house, and she's allergic to them (as is my wife, unfortunately). We're trying to find a home for it ASAP, as it can't stay caged up, and it can't stay at Mom's house. If you would like a lovable (I'll admit it, I've become kind of attached to the little bugger) young tabby to share your home with, let me know via PM ASAP- Mom's going to have to take it to the Humane Society this evening if we can't find a home for it.

Thanks, guys. Have a great day.

Jeremiah

Subject: desperately looking for a home for a young cat

I'm desperately looking for a home for a young cat that took up residence in the crawl space under my dining room. After several days of Jeremiah, his friend Matt and I trying to coax it out, I bought a live trap and managed to lure it into the trap. Now I need to find it a home. I can't keep it because I'm allergic to cats as is Jeremiah's wife and Matt already has five of them. I'm currently surviving by taking both Claritin and Benadryl at the same time, which I've been told is not healthy short term let alone long term. I've called a number of feline/pet rescue organizations but they all say they are full and that everyone they know of is full because of the foreclosure crisis. If I haven’t found a home by this afternoon (Thursday) when I get home from work, I’ll have to take it to the Humane Society. I’d rather not do that, if I can avoid it, because they won’t guarantee they won’t euthanize animals they take in.
If you can give this cat a home, please call or email me at work today.

ETA: pic link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremiah_mpls/with/3468640946/

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

From a friend:
Alternatives to the Humane Society. Pet Adoption Resources in the Twin Cities who will not kill a pet but find it a nice home for the internet friend:

Lost Hope Animal Rescue
(651) 463-8747

Pet Haven
(952) 831-3825

Second Chance
(651) 771-5662

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:41 pm 
Raving Moderate

Thanks, pblark. I think mom has tried most/all of these- the story is the same at all of the shelters. Too many animals left behind by folks who can't take them when moving out of foreclosed homes into apartments, etc. I'll ask her, though, as I don't have her list handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

I passed it where I could and that was one of the heartfelt responses. Their cat is old and won't be with them forever but they are concerned that the new cat integration might tax their elderly but still territorial and competitive cat.

Best of luck, I'll try and think of other places. The Feral nature isn't going to help any either with any of the shelters ... :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:57 pm 
Raving Moderate

Yep, I know. :( I think we may have something lined up, though- I just need to call someone and confirm in a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:08 pm 

Oh Oh! I seem to recall some months ago someone looking for an "immediate home" for their dog...if memory serves, that story did not have the happiest of endings... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:13 pm 
Raving Moderate

Ronin069 wrote:
Oh Oh! I seem to recall some months ago someone looking for an "immediate home" for their dog...if memory serves, that story did not have the happiest of endings... :wink:

Not familiar with this one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Is it feral? If a cat hasn't been socialized with people young, it will never be a pet.

How old, roughly?

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:03 pm 
Raving Moderate

princewally wrote:
Is it feral? If a cat hasn't been socialized with people young, it will never be a pet.

How old, roughly?

Quite friendly, really, which tells me it's not really feral, per se. Not quite sure how old- I'm no expert on cats. I'd have to guess around a year, but that's all it'd be- a guess.

In any case, folks, we have a winner- further questions as to the feline and its welfare can be directed to your host, starting as soon as I can get it to him... :wink:

(And a great deal of thanks to Joel. As I mentioned to him, I've been pulling my hair out trying to find this cat a good home. I'm glad to know it's going to one. :) :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks Joel. I was tempted. And I DON'T want another cat, for a while.

4 cats, 1 dog and 3 kids fills my house enough.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:55 pm 
Forum Moderator

Glad it worked out.

We usually have three of the little guys, but a year ago we couldn't pass up a great little 8 week old stray that wandered in. That was the same day Max the Wondercat (who has now had his wonders removed) clawed his way into Joel's life!

So many cats, so little room.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.