Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:52 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Whoa! 
 Post subject: Whoa!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

I can almost imagine the anger in Luttrell's eyes, face and voice. :shock:

He showed an awesome amount of restraint once he caught these assholes and held them for the TX Rangers.
Quote:
Have You Seen Michael Edmonds?
Cowards killed Marcus Luttrell’s dog, Dasy.

Luttrell is an American hero — survivor of the deadliest battle the U.S. Navy SEALs have ever endured and author of the book “Lone Survivor.”

One of suspects remains at large — there is a warrant for his arrest.

Have you seen Michael Edmonds?

If you have any information about his whereabouts, please call the Texas Rangers in Huntsville, Texas at: (936) 435-0152 and ask for Sgt. Steven Jeter.

Glenn Beck: Teen punks murder American hero’s dog
April 6, 2009 - 12:12 ET

CALLER: Hey, Glenn, thanks for taking my call. I just wanted to know, Friday you asked us to pray for Marcus and I was just seeing if you had an update today on what’s going on with him.

GLENN: Yes, I do. Yes, I do. Marcus Luttrell is the lone survivor. He was part of the SEAL team. It was the biggest battle any SEAL in SEAL history. He was the only survivor. He lost his whole team. He was then taken by Al Qaeda and the Taliban and he was tortured beyond your wildest imagination and there they held him for a while. He’s been sick. He still hasn’t recovered from all of the things that they did to him and so he just has he’s always in for his back and surgery and everything else.

On Thursday I believe it was, Wednesday or Thursday about 1:00 a.m., Marcus is a guy who doesn’t sleep anymore at night. He sleeps during the daytime. And about 1:00 he happened to be awake and he heard a gunshot. He lives on a ranch with his mother in Texas. He grabs his gun and he goes outside. There he sees, I believe it was four. It may be three but I believe it was four young men 18 to 24 years old, all of them, where they had just shot his dog. Marcus’ dog is named Dasy. Each letter represents D A S Y represents one of the fallen members of his team. It was given to him in recovery to help him through the recovery process. This dog means everything to Marcus. Marcus had his gun and he took it out and he put it right between the eyes of one of the guys. He was standing away from them, pointed right between the eyes. Now, here’s a SEAL team member who is wildly, he’s just, he is having trouble, man. He is still recovering from his injuries. He had just gotten out of surgery. He’s standing there with a gun between the guy’s eyes. He doesn’t fire. All four and he’s just saying, “You killed my dog.” They executed his dog. “You killed my dog. Why would you do that?” They run. They get into his car. Marcus gets into his truck, chases them over four counties, finally runs them into a ditch. He calls the Rangers. The Texas Rangers arrive and these guys, when the Texas Rangers are taking these guys away, Marcus has held them there by a gun. As the Rangers are taking these guys away, they’re threatening Marcus’ life and saying, “When we get out, we’re coming for you next. First it was your dog. It’s going to be you next. You don’t know who you’re messin’ with.” That’s when Marcus kind of snapped just a little bit and said to the Ranger, “Excuse me, ranger, do you know who I am?” He said, “Yes, sir, Mr. Luttrell, I do.” He said, “You might want to explain to these punks because I could have killed them 600 different ways and if I wanted to kill you guys after what you would have done what you just did to my dog, I would have pulled you down into my basement and I would have tortured you for days and you wouldn’t have died until you begged me for death. So before you start saying you’re going to come after me, you better learn who you’ve just whose dog you just killed.”

They get into jail. These four punks have been killing dogs in Marcus’ county now for a month, for joys, joy rides and kicks. Tonight Marcus is going to be on television and he’s going to tell the story, and I’m showing the pictures of these dirtbags. And I want you to call PETA, I want you to call every activist you know. I want you to hear the story of a hero whose dog was executed. In all of the times that everybody is saying, oh, guns gotta be taken off the streets, you gun nuts. Here’s a responsible gun owner that with everything he’s gone through, everything that that dog means, these dirtbags come and kill his dog. He could have killed them all. He probably would have enjoyed it, justifiably so and he didn’t because he’s an American hero. Keep him in your prayers.

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Some people are alive only because killing them would be illegal.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:28 am 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
Some people are alive only because killing them would be illegal.

Ditto. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:39 am 
On time out

Something tells me their dates are already on The Calender and St Pete will be seeing them soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Going around Texas shooting people's dogs; just sounds career limiting, generally unhealthy and totally stupid to me! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:01 am 

Ummmm...

As much as I despise a creep killing another's pet, I don't think "murder" is an appropriate word.

Animals cannot be murdered. They can certainly be killed (unless they're zombie animals, of course) but I believe murder is reserved for humans.

[There was a weirdo here at work that wrote about trees being 'murdered' to improve a highway...]

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

JonnyB wrote:
Ummmm...

As much as I despise a creep killing another's pet, I don't think "murder" is an appropriate word.

Animals cannot be murdered. They can certainly be killed (unless they're zombie animals, of course) but I believe murder is reserved for humans.

[There was a weirdo here at work that wrote about trees being 'murdered' to improve a highway...]

jb

Semantics, yes.

That said, shoot somebody's dog, see what happens. Some of us like dogs more than we like a lot of people. :twisted:

I think the victim here showed AMAZING self-control.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Yup.

Quote:
Some of us like dogs more than we like a lot of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:45 am 
Longtime Regular

Ah the bold and stupid teenager, who has no idea what or who they are messing with. 4 guys, a gun and the ability to kill a harmless dog makes them invincible the way the story reads and they apparently were thinking.

There have been a few threads on this subject, and my sentiments are the same as everyone else's.

Good story, though the author was apparently flustered while writing it.

Hope these guys are in blaze orange overalls, with nothing but a trash bag in there hands for the next few years. Sad part is they are now on the Texas payroll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:22 pm 

The more people I meet.. the more I like my dog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

JonnyB wrote:
Ummmm...

jb

I dunno, call me weird but I hold dogs in higher regard than most people I meet.

Edit : By "most" I'm talking 98%+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:56 pm 
Wise Elder

Don't fear the tool. Fear the man behind the tool.

As they taught us in Air Force Survival School ...
your mind is your only weapon. It is always with you.

Also, ... If you want them, take (kill) them.
They won't know it until they are dead.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.