Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:00 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Swine Flu 
 Post subject: Swine Flu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Am I the only one who thinks that the Obama administration is playing this health crisis as another opportunity not to let a good crisis go to waste and shove nationalized health care up our... I mean down our throats?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

I don't think so, but I wish I did...

Last edited by Dick Unger on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

The Swine Flu crisis has officially jumped the shark: Israeli official: Swine flu name offensive.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Litzman should worry? Tamiflu is pareve. :lol:

Possibly this is what he is worried about:

Quote:
MANILA -- Health officials announced Monday that strict measures are in place to prevent the entry of human swine flu which killed several individuals in Mexico and the United States.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph:80/network/me ... -swine-flu

Post subject: Re: Swine Flu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

gunflint wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that the Obama administration is playing this health crisis as another opportunity not to let a good crisis go to waste and shove nationalized health care up our... I mean down our throats?

Yeah, I must be missing something... I cant figure out how he is going to use this to try to infringe on our gun rights... :evil:

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Who said anything about gun rights. This is the Non Gun Free Fire Zone.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

PocketProtector642 wrote:
gunflint wrote:

Yeah, I must be missing something... I cant figure out how he is going to use this to try to infringe on our gun rights... :evil:

You have no imagination...

Due to the number of swine flu cases in the twin cities area and In the name of national security no entry/exit will be allowed beyond the 494-694 loop. All roads leading into out of this perimeter will be guarded with orders to shoot to kill. To ensure the safety of all those within this permeter, please turn in all weapons for tagging to be returned after this national disaster has passed. Your assistence in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Mostly-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 pm 

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
gunflint wrote:

Due to the number of swine flu cases in the twin cities area and In the name of national security no entry/exit will be allowed beyond the 494-694 loop. All roads leading into out of this perimeter will be guarded with orders to shoot to kill. To ensure the safety of all those within this permeter, please turn in all weapons for tagging to be returned after this national disaster has passed. Your assistence in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Mostly-

Good thing all mine are outside of the loop :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
gunflint wrote:

Mostly-

thanks Mostly', I see you got my humor! :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Oh and BTW, I am curious to see what happens with this. I do think the media (and the admin) is slick with hiding things. My guess is inline with the OP's.

[So far] the swine flu hasn't killed any more people in the US than any other seasonal flu (so I'm told). So it must be turning into a "crisis" for more reasons than the actual flu itself.

gunflint wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Its been found in Cold Spring Middle School http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/Minnesota_H1N1_Swine_Flu_Plan_Apr_29_2009

Soooo, this seems odd, granted Cold Spring does have a high Mexican Immigrant population, but no more then the cities - why would this turn up in Cold Spring of all places before showing up in the cities area schools?

Some other interesting links for the times...
http://www.alpharubicon.com/basicnbc/fittestrg.htm

This one is interesting
http://www.alpharubicon.com/basicnbc/pandemictriggersfp.htm

Then in the event someone you know gets it
http://www.alpharubicon.com/basicnbc/isolationroomsentropy.htm

may want to hit the hardware store as well as the grocery store tonight... just to pickup a couple items.

For those who ordered pigs... I picked them up this weekend! 8)

Mostly-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

<...> [So far] the swine flu hasn't killed any more people in the US than any other seasonal flu (so I'm told). So it must be turning into a "crisis" for more reasons than the actual flu itself.<...>

I have no doubt that the "if it bleeds, it leads" theory of journalism is in play here. However, I think that the suspected 6% mortality rate of swine flu as compared to the .01% mortality rate for seasonal flu is a very important/scary "fact." Combine that with the fact that worldwide the people who have died from seasonal flu have been either either very old, or very young 90% of the time, and swine flu deaths have been more like 90% 25-45 years old; and I think this sickness is something we should be wary of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

I suspect, and this is my own speculation, is that the Spring Break travels to Mexico will have assisted the spread of this disease to a great extent.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:40 pm 

[So far] the swine flu hasn't killed any more people in the US than any other seasonal flu (so I'm told). So it must be turning into a "crisis" for more reasons than the actual flu itself.

Exactly!
This issue has been blown so far out of proportion I want to puke!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.