Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:09 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 'Just submit...you can protest later' if you're still alive 
 Post subject: 'Just submit...you can protest later' if you're still alive
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 am 
Wise Elder

Quote:
“I just finished reading the article on Excessive Force on page 2B,” wrote in Ron the Former Police Officer, on March the 5th. “Another person was apparently injured in a police confrontation, followed by the usual lawsuit. As a former police detective, I have a solution on how to avoid 99 percent of all injuries, lawsuits, and deaths sustained as a result of a police confrontation,” offers Officer Ron:

“When stopped by an officer, do as he asks. Never run from the police, never fight with the police, never get into a shouting match, don’t try to escape from custody. Simply submit, but try to obtain all the info you can, i.e. why am I being stopped, etc. If you feel the officer is in error, there will be ample opportunity to contest the allegations later.”

That comprises the entirety of Officer Ron’s letter, and advice: “Just submit.”

I’ve got my copy of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in front of me, Officer Ron — you know, the one every “public servant” swears an oath to “protect and defend,” even at the cost of his or her own, precious “officer safety”? And I can’t find that part.

http://www.vinsuprynowicz.com/?p=167

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:47 am 
The Man

Perhaps Ron the Former Police officer will also suggest that citizens be sure to wear kneepads at all times, to enable them to comply with the requests of (honest: the small number of) police officers whose instructions include servicing them upon the spot.

SLTF.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:57 pm 
On time out

Very much on topic, but only for home consumption, THIS IS NOT WORK PLACE SAFE>>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:45 am 
Poet Laureate

Well blogged. It seems some people still have perspective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
Very much on topic, but only for home consumption, THIS IS NOT WORK PLACE SAFE>>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

It is if you have an office with a door that closes! That is seriously funny. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.