Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 IE 8 issues 
 Post subject: IE 8 issues
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:36 pm 
Forum Moderator

1. without telling me that staying in the MS family and IE, I have a problem that I cannot seem to cure.

2. IE 8 was installed on my system as an automatic upgrade; now any links in Outlook Express e-mail do not work. I did a bit of research and this is a common issue and I have tried the fixes I see posted as "this should fix it"....and none work.

Any thoughts? Perhaps going back to IE6 is the only solution...or...is there another browser option that I can seamlessly go to, taking my favorites etc. along for the ride?

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: IE 8 issues
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:17 pm 
The Man

phorvick wrote:
1. without telling me that staying in the MS family and IE, I have a problem that I cannot seem to cure.

2. IE 8 was installed on my system as an automatic upgrade; now any links in Outlook Express e-mail do not work. I did a bit of research and this is a common issue and I have tried the fixes I see posted as "this should fix it"....and none work.

Any thoughts? Perhaps going back to IE6 is the only solution...or...is there another browser option that I can seamlessly go to, taking my favorites etc. along for the ride?

Sure. Opera, Firefox, or Google Chrome. Get all three, at the same price.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:18 am 
Longtime Regular

I've heard good things about the new Safari too....including from a diehard MS guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:45 am 

kecker wrote:
I've heard good things about the new Safari too....including from a diehard MS guy.

I'm trying out Safari 4 at the moment and really like it so far. It's much quicker loading pages than IE for whatever reason. I always attributed page loading speeds more as a function of the server the page is on and internet traffic speeds but for whatever reason, safari is a bit quicker. Also, now that I look, it appears to have automatically imported all my favorites from IE.

Regarding IE 8, I chose not to install it as part of the automatic update. I subscribe (most of the time) to the 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it' school of thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:02 am 
The Man

kecker wrote:

Forgot about that one; I use it on the IPhone, and like it just fine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:33 am 

My father emailed me the other day and told me not to upgrade, he said it screwed up a bunch of his stuff too. I use firefox anyway, but apparently there are a few problems with the update.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:41 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I use chrome and I believe that part of the install is the importing of favorites.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:44 am 
Longtime Regular

phorvick wrote:

Just for shites and giggles, go to "Tools" and then select "Compatability View Settings". Click "Display All Sites In Compatability View" and see if that makes any difference for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:51 pm 

I switched to Firefox a while ago and don't have any excuse other than ignorance for staying with IE as long as I did. I've had friends say great things about Safari. With Firefox I like that you can have many sites open and visible via the tabs at the same time, the functionality and ease of adding favorites and bookmarks is superior, and it doesn't stall out on larger sites the way IE did for me.

"Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possesion and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

- Patrick Henry

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 pm 

I must be lucky IE8 hasn't messed up for me YET..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.