Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 The phone voice 
 Post subject: The phone voice
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

My boss(es) have been complimenting me on my phone voice lately. They've assigned me to call cranky customers, saying I have "a soothing phone voice". Possibly this is just to psych me up for the call, or maybe it's true. When things are especially busy at work, I remind myself to sound gentle, welcoming and upbeat when answering the phone, just in case it really works.

This morning at work, I answered the phone as usual.
Me- "Good morning. The Blank Spa at Blank Resort. This is Olivia. How may I help you?"
Caller- (faintly) "This is Mrs. Norton. I'd like to book an appointment for myself and my mother."
Me- "What date are you interested in?"
Caller- (long pause) "Uh, is this a real person?"

Maybe I'm getting too soothing! Maybe next time I'm approached by a large, drunk man with violence on his mind, I can just use my phone voice and talk him to sleep.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.