Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Man Shot In South Minneapolis 
 Post subject: Man Shot In South Minneapolis
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Came accross this article and thought weren't those shot spotter microphones suppose to get a cop on the scene right away? Looks like the cops acctually heard the shots fired in this case. I haven't heard anything about that technology for some time but I remember it was touted as a big crime prevention tooL.

Man shot in south Minneapolis alley dies
By TIM HARLOW, Star Tribune

June 11, 2008

Minneapolis police are investigating the city's 15th homicide of the year after they were called to an alley on the city's south side where a resident found a man injured by gunshot wounds

Officers from the third precinct on patrol in the area around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday heard shots fired near E. 33rd Street and Chicago Av. S. A resident called 911 minutes later to report a man down in an alley on the 3500 block between Chicago and Elliot Avenues S. in the Powderhorn Park neighborhood, said Sgt. William Palmer.

The victim, whose name has not been released, was rushed to Hennepin County Medical Center in "grave condition," Palmer said.

He died a few hours later.

No one has been arrested.

The homicide is the second in the city this week. On Monday Michael Reich was found dead inside an apartment on the 2800 block of E. 38th St., in the Standish neighborhood. A man was arrested in connection with that slaying.

http://www.startribune.com/local/197587 ... r=Homepage

Last edited by havegunjoe on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:22 am 
Longtime Regular

I saw on fox this morning that cities are starting to park their cop cars because of gas prices exceeding budgets. I wonder how this will impact response time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:29 am 
Longtime Regular

tepin wrote:
I saw on fox this morning that cities are starting to park their cop cars because of gas prices exceeding budgets. I wonder how this will impact response time.

They will have to have cops sprint to the 911 calls soon to save on gas.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:08 pm 
Raving Moderate

tepin wrote:

In Minneapolis, it wont, for a while- they locked in a few years' supply of fuel at roughly $2.75/gal or so last summer. (I'm working from memory of news reports a few weeks ago.)

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:10 am 

Jeremiah wrote:
tepin wrote:

In Minneapolis, it wont, for a while- they locked in a few years' supply of fuel at roughly $2.75/gal or so last summer. (I'm working from memory of news reports a few weeks ago.)

Only through next year. I think it was more like $2 eighty something or ninety something.

As for the Shot Spotter, don't get me started. I have first hand working knowledge of how much of a piece of . . . . . . I better stop now. Don't want to piss off the powers that be here with my choice of words, because only the most derogatory words apply.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:05 pm 
Raving Moderate

Sipowicz wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:
tepin wrote:

Only through next year. I think it was more like $2 eighty something or ninety something.

As for the Shot Spotter, don't get me started. I have first hand working knowledge of how much of a piece of . . . . . . I better stop now. Don't want to piss off the powers that be here with my choice of words, because only the most derogatory words apply.

Thanks for the clarification. :) Even at that, it still turned out to be a heck of a bargain. Must've been a mistake... :wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:33 pm 

tepin wrote:

Of course transferring funds from less pertinent funding issues to compensate is out of the question. :evil:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.