Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 "Gun" story on KSTP tonight 12-30-08 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:09 pm 
Wise Elder

mitchx3 wrote:
The first guy interviewed in the story (Ted) is Greenfield's republican caucus leader. He needs to be replaced(for this and other things). How would one do this?

Do you mean BPOU Chair? If so, show up in February, 2010 with a bunch of your friends and get elected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:26 am 
Longtime Regular

I just emailed KSTP and asked if it would be too much to expect a little balanced reporting. Maybe an interview with the council member in question would be in order and not too much to ask.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:28 am 
Longtime Regular

havegunjoe wrote:
I just emailed KSTP and asked if it would be too much to expect a little balanced reporting. Maybe an interview with the council member in question would be in order and not too much to ask.

I did the same last week. I didn't get any response, nor do I really expect one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:24 pm 

mitchx3 wrote:
The first guy interviewed in the story (Ted) is Greenfield's republican caucus leader. He needs to be replaced(for this and other things). How would one do this?

Ted stated that he is "to afraid to attend council meetings" when a permit holder might be packing. I"ll phone Ted and tell him I will be attending the caucus and he will be "to afraid" to show up. Problem solved. :lol:

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:18 pm 

Hey vheld,

Isn't the meeting on Monday? Is anyone showing up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:04 am 

I'll be there. Just to confirm: 12th(Monday) at 7pm at GF city hall?

Also, from the Clint Eastwood wikipedia article:
Quote:
There was also a controversy over the fact that he carried a loaded, concealed pistol weapon in city council meetings.

Hveld is in good company!

Post subject: Greenfield Council meeting
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:17 am 

The Council meeting is on Monday Jan 12 at 7.00PM. If you goggle for a location use Grenfield for city, not Loretto. The city hall is located on County Rd. 50 and Town Hall Dr. You can take Hwy 55 to either Town hall or Greenfield Rd.(Runs North of 55). Greenfield Rd. intersects Cty Rd. 50 one block west of Town Hall. We would like as many people to show up as possible. If you plan on speaking,bring articles or any other written info you have availlable on this subject. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

hveld:
I need to commend you sir. It is so great to see a person in a community service role actually being involved with the community. You taking part in this forum shows me and the other members that you care about your constituents and are someone to be trusted. Thank you for your work and stay connected here.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 am 
Longtime Regular

Did anything interesting occur last night? Or was it canceled due to weather?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:02 pm 

It was pretty boring. Gene German showed up and gave a well informed spiel. Ted Turnham (first guy interviewed in the vid) showed up suggesting(that't putting it nicely, it was kind of hard to follow and old-guy ranty) that he and a former councilwoman wanted to be told when guns were in the building so they could be scared and then suggested [illegally] banning guns on city property. I was OCing a banana and an extra mag to entertain myself.

At some point the council argued over who got the free meal at a chamber of commerce event. For 30 minutes.

A later motion passed to put this and other meetings on youtube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Wow.

+1

Makes me wish I wasn't stuck plowing. I really wanted to bring a bandoleir with avacodos on it. :lol:

Post subject: Education is Key
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 pm 

There was a gentleman who spoke at the meeting who provided important educational materials to the city. I thank him for that. Education in this area is the key.
It's also important for caring people (those residents who oppose OUR right) to realize that guns aren't the enemy. Hence, the educational aspect.
The LAWS on the books - require the ones who carry: to be educated, trained, and disciplined, and those who have a complete respect for life - and an equal respect for what guns can to do life.
I submit a thank you to the people who attended the meeting. Whether you realize it or not, you made a statement - AND you went to the meeting in very bad weather and terrible driving conditions.
Good job and thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

100.3FM KTLK

RIGHT NOW, this topic is being brought up. The two antis on the council are trying to have the meetings moved to a school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:46 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/38784412.html

Quote:
The handgun issue arose after word spread that Veldhuizen was showing off a .22-caliber pistol and a derringer at City Hall after a meeting in early December. Among those who saw the weapons were Krout, City Administrator Brad Johnson and Mike Erickson, also a newly elected City Council member, Veldhuizen said. "The mayor saw [the guns]. She thought it was pretty cool," said Veldhuizen, who said that he and Krout often go shooting together.

Erickson told a political opponent of Veldhuizen about the weapons, who told someone else, setting off a chain reaction that had the town abuzz about the propriety of having weapons at city meetings.

Quote:
It is not illegal under state law for anyone who has a proper permit to carry a weapon on public property. And because Walsh and Jankowski left the council Dec. 31, the majority of members on the new City Council are staunch Second Amendment supporters, Krout said.

"It's not a big deal," she said.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.