Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gun show @ State fair grounds 
 Post subject: Gun show @ State fair grounds
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:12 pm 

The gun show is PACKED! Prices ok, but not good. Many new guns listed at or just below retail.

This caught my eye: Taurus Millennium 9mm, .40's are going for 309.99. Not a bad price. Good luck to those of you going. Nose plugs and steel toe boots are a must.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:58 pm 

I hear you, partsscout. The place was really packed !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:12 pm 

ShamWow, lots of great people at the show today. Interesting to see. Many interesting folks to talk with.... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was there too. I heard a cop tell someone it was the largest show ever held at the fairgrounds.
DPMS striped lower $179 (before election $109). DPMS LPK $89 (before election $59).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

tepin wrote:
I was there too. I heard a cop tell someone it was the largest show ever held at the fairgrounds.
DPMS striped lower $179 (before election $109). DPMS LPK $89 (before election $59).

That gouging pisses me off. Nothing has changed yet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:32 pm 
The Man

It was packed, for sure. I didn't spot any terrific deals, although I know other folks did. Ended up going over to GunStop, where I did find the PSP mags I was looking for, as well as some ammo.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:40 pm 

Incredible gouging. I'm always amazed at how one group of gun owners will take advantage of another, yet somehow it's the antis fault. The almighty buck overcomes basic principles and virtually everything else.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

onebohemian wrote:
Incredible gouging. I'm always amazed at how one group of gun owners will take advantage of another, yet somehow it's the antis fault. The almighty buck overcomes basic principles and virtually everything else.

The only definition of a fair price is what a buyer and seller are both willing to transact a deal at.

If the prices were too high, things wouldn't be selling. If they are selling, the prices aren't too high.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

jdege wrote:
onebohemian wrote:

The only definition of a fair price is what a buyer and seller are both willing to transact a deal at.

If the prices were too high, things wouldn't be selling. If they are selling, the prices aren't too high.

What are you... some kind of capitalist??? :lol:

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 pm 
The Man

jdege wrote:
onebohemian wrote:

Which is my (mild) objection. I see a fair number of folks who are clearly hauling the same stuff in and out of the gun show all the time. The only benefit I see to them, or anybody else, is the occasional <s>sucker</s> overly eager buyer, and the camouflage they provide for the good deals, which at least often are around, if you look.

The best deal I saw today was on a used S&W 325, but that was at Gunstop.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 am 

mrokern wrote:
tepin wrote:

Law of supply and demand. Demand HAS changed since the election.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

I saw more than the usual number of merchants, but few activists. One political candidate, and a nice NRA table, but mot much else.

It wasn't as crowded today as it sounds like it was yesterday, but it was still quite busy. Many ammo sellers had run out of some calibers.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Jeff Bergquist wrote:
mrokern wrote:
tepin wrote:

Yup, because people are stupid and think that the law will instantly change as soon as ballots are counted. Never mind the fact that bills have to be drafted, introduced, sent to committee, put for a vote in each house, etc., etc., etc.

This is a major pet peeve of mine. It's panic-mongering, nothing more.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:33 pm 
1911 tainted

Jeff Bergquist wrote:
mrokern wrote:
tepin wrote:

Yes, would someone please explain as to why this is gouging? Supply and demand has driven prices up until they reach a level that meets. Now when water, food or lumber is needed after a disaster, the prices skyrocket and the consumer has to pay it because they have to have that product to maybe survive, now that is gouging. Just because you don't like the price, you can still walk away and life goes on, that is not gouging, that item is just a higher price than you are willing to pay.

So you guys that think this is gouging, when you win a $500 firearm on a $5 ticket, do you sell it for todays market value, prior election value, or for $6 and just a honest 20% profit? I think anything over the $6 would be consider gouging then by your standards.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
So you guys that think this is gouging, when you win a $500 firearm on a $5 ticket, do you sell it for todays market value, prior election value, or for $6 and just a honest 20% profit? I think anything over the $6 would be consider gouging then by your standards.

:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.