Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Add one more to the list! 
 Post subject: Add one more to the list!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:02 pm 

Add my wife to the list of PTC holders in Minnesota. :D

After nearly two years of selling her on the value of a permit to carry, she finally signed up for Paul Horvicks class in February. After procrastinating for a few weeks, she made time to drive to Minneapolis and drop of her application and finally received the long awaited envelope from Sheriff Stanek yesterday, on day 32.

Now we need to start working on the rest of the family. This should be much easier with her on board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Must have been sitting right behind her in that class. My fiance took the same class and I sat in with them.

She (the woman I think we're talking about here) was very interested and asked a lot of good questions. I believe that had a positive effect on my fiance as she loosened up and began asking questions also. Maybe a bit vice versa as well.

It was a good day, Valentines no less.

This time around I felt like I at least knew the answers to a lot of the instructor's questions, but was glad to sit in on the same class again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:13 pm 

That was her!

She has been shooting with me for a couple years. Once she got over the initial handgun intimidation, she was a natural. The PTC was a hard sell. I think discussing the violence in todays society and surving on a jury involving a gang related murder convinced her that it was a good idea.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.