Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT 
 Post subject: A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Many permit holders have been caught by surprise when their permits expired before they were ready to renew.

So...

OPEN YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW!
Look at the expiration date on your carry permit.
Put a note on your calendar six months, a year, or even 15 months before that: "Schedule permit class."

There, was that so hard? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:10 pm 

Now you tell me! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:09 pm 
Journeyman Member

This is a good reason to get a permit like the Utah one with reciprocity. Stagger the dates 6 months or so, that way ONE of them works if you forget to renew the other in time. Plus, you get additional states you can carry in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:10 pm 

09/2012 seems so far away, almost like eternity, I doubt I'll ever have to renew...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:38 pm 

Jai9100 wrote:
09/2012 seems so far away, almost like eternity, I doubt I'll ever have to renew...

So... go without for 3 months and save a few bucks :arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Doomsday_prediction :twisted:
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Jai9100 wrote:

On the other hand, and in all seriousness. Mine is due on 3/12 . . . If I remind Jai9100 to take a class and use my renewal as a reminder . . . now if I can just find a permit holder who expires six months before me to give me the thumb in the ribs to get 'er done.

I have heard like breast health awareness things where women partner up to remind each other to do the breast exam stuff (and no I don't want to go there, just that it is a good example of something people really ought to remember to do) It'd be really cool if we could arrange some kind of buddy system among permit holders.

On the otherhand, maybe everytime someone renews we could BTT this topic. Just, whenever you renew come to this topic and post a renewed mine message. Stickies sometimes get ignored. If we keep the topic open and Back To Top it every time someone renews I think it might help more folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Mine is due on 3/14.

However, if any of you CDL holders could remind me that my Medical card expires in November, I'll gladly remind you of when yours expires. :wink:

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:12 pm 

My permit has no expiration date! It's just left blank. Issued Hennepin County. I wish I could consider this as a lifetime permit :lol:, but I suspect I should notify the county and have them re-issue. Has this happened to anyone else? I renewed around August 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:30 am 

Put it in your cell phone calender. You may wonder what the hell is going
on in 4-5 yrs, or in 15 months, when it sounds off, but you can do both the class reminder & renewal 90 days prior. If you replace the phone, have the data transferred to the new phone. NOT SO HARD !!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Quality idea George. Thanks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:40 pm 

JohnK87 wrote:
This is a good reason to get a permit like the Utah one with reciprocity. Stagger the dates 6 months or so, that way ONE of them works if you forget to renew the other in time. Plus, you get additional states you can carry in.

don't the non resident permits require you to have a valid resident permit from the state you live in?

Abraham Lincoln

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:04 am 
Longtime Regular

PoorSSJ wrote:
JohnK87 wrote:

don't the non resident permits require you to have a valid resident permit from the state you live in?

Not generally. Utah doesn't. A couple, like NH, do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 am 
Longtime Regular

George wrote:
on in 4-5 yrs, or in 15 months, when it sounds off, but you can do both the class reminder & renewal 90 days prior. If you replace the phone, have the data transferred to the new phone. NOT SO HARD !!!

Another option would be to stick it in Google or Yahoo calendar (or similar) so it drops you an email at the appropriate time. That's what I do for long long term deadlines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

ironbear wrote:
George wrote:

Another option would be to stick it in Google or Yahoo calendar (or similar) so it drops you an email at the appropriate time. That's what I do for long long term deadlines.

You guys keep cell phones and email addresses for 5 years?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:07 pm 

It creeps up. I've had the same cell phone number for 12 years and the same e-mail address for close to 15 years.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.