Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Lake Phalen attacks 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:51 am 

plblark wrote:
I have a water bottle holder with a spot for a wallet or walkman ... The LCP fits in there. I've also been known to use Smart Carry or a web belt under the shorts with a baggy shirt. Depends on what you're doing.

Running, and my exercise clothes have no pockets. For added difficulty, I'm female. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Fanny pack or a shoulder holster works well for when your out jogging/biking ect..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

specialk922 wrote:
plblark wrote:
Depends on what you're doing.

Running, and my exercise clothes have no pockets. For added difficulty, I'm female. :)

Belly band and a shirt one size big? one of those holster undershirts? As with most other things in Carrying concealed, it's a trade off. Comfort, Access, Retention, concealability ... etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

If you mustn't absolutely wear the most fashionable sweatpants/shorts then IWB works well with a pair lightweight cotton or synthetic cargo shorts/pants if they've got belt loops and you use a belt. This will keep the gun from flopping. I've been able to do some pretty good running around without concerns.

Whether it's comfortable against your skin is, of course, a personal question. Personally, the discomfort of trying to run for any appreciable distance or duration far exceeds the discomfort of the IWB holster against bare skin in warmer weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:26 pm 

That is the main issue, most running clothes do not have belt loops. I use an IWB holster when I'm wearing normal clothes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

The wilderness instructor belts or others like them are nice for this. Put the belt on under your shorts ;-)

You can use any belt for this really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:47 pm 

plblark wrote:
The wilderness instructor belts or others like them are nice for this. Put the belt on under your shorts ;-)

You can use any belt for this really.

That is a good idea -- Thanks :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd submit that because of womens' hips, they might have an easier time wearing a belt that doesn't go through any loops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:44 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I'd submit that because of womens' hips, they might have an easier time wearing a belt that doesn't go through any loops.

In theory, you're right. But I'm pretty sure my belt would end up around my upper torso rather quickly if I was moving around a lot. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

specialk922 wrote:
In theory, you're right. But I'm pretty sure my belt would end up around my upper torso rather quickly if I was moving around a lot. :lol:

Suspunders ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

There is a shoulder holster I wear when working on my car. it is very accessible under a loose sweatshirt or t-shirt and does not get in the way. Doesn't have belt attachments, either. Mine fits a J-framish revolver.

ETA:

Apparently, they make them for other guns, too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... aign=10613

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:52 pm 

ree wrote:
specialk922 wrote:

Suspunders ?

:D

But seriously, I'm going to look into a holster undershirt. I didn't know that was an option. Thanks guys!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:19 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
[url=http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=638814]Police take new steps to protect popular lake
[/url]

St. Paul Police are taking a new approach to protecting a well known metro lake.

Wednesday night will mark the first "Walk with Cops" around Phalen Regional Park.

The trails around Lake Phalen have been the scene of several assaults dating back to last summer.

Residents are invited to join the officers as a sign of unity and community involvement.

Anyone who wishes to walk is encouraged to meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday night at the Amphitheater on the west side of Lake Phalen.

Different officers will walk the beat each week in hopes of reinforcing the safety of the lake.

"Walk with Cops" is a join effort between the St. Paul Police Department, the Maplewood Police Department, the St Paul Parks and Recreation Department, and the Saint Paul Police Foundation.

(Copyright 2009 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:04 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Quote:
[url=http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=638814]Police take new steps to protect popular lake
[/url]

St. Paul Police are taking a new approach to protecting a well known metro lake.

Wednesday night will mark the first "Walk with Cops" around Phalen Regional Park.

The trails around Lake Phalen have been the scene of several assaults dating back to last summer.

Residents are invited to join the officers as a sign of unity and community involvement.

Anyone who wishes to walk is encouraged to meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday night at the Amphitheater on the west side of Lake Phalen.

Different officers will walk the beat each week in hopes of reinforcing the safety of the lake.

"Walk with Cops" is a join effort between the St. Paul Police Department, the Maplewood Police Department, the St Paul Parks and Recreation Department, and the Saint Paul Police Foundation.

Sounds like a good time to "Open Carry Walk with Cops"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 am 

Selurcspi wrote:
DeanC wrote:
Quote:
[/url]

Sounds like a good time to "Open Carry Walk with Cops"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking that too, but then all of the negatives popped into my head, one after another.

1. Many cops are anti's (for citizens anyway). They would not be thrilled to see us.
2. We would scare away all the anti's, cops might not like that too much either.
3. Someone could make the case that we are trying to impersonate police (don't jump on me for this one, just giving the scenario).
4. Would have a net negative effect for the carry community.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.