Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Lake Phalen attacks 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 am 
Longtime Regular

so show up several times CC and eventually just drop in OC ... I'm the same guy who's been here for a couple months, it's a legal activity, what has changed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 am 
Poet Laureate

What if, for example, you regularly open carry on your walks through dangerous Lake Phalen territory? Would one be forced to assume that you would be required to change your habits, now that Metro's Finest have decided to go walking with you? For your protection? For the chiiiiiiiiildren? :roll: :lol:

It's all about perspective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:11 pm 

Carbide Insert wrote:
For the chiiiiiiiiildren? :roll: :lol:
:D I know who you're listening to.

Now, now gentlemen. I am referring to walking with the police specifically as was the comment from Selurcspi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:22 pm 

specialk922 wrote:
Running, and my exercise clothes have no pockets. For added difficulty, I'm female. :)

Keltec P3AT or Ruger LCP... If you can't find a place to hide em, you're probably not wearing clothes.

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:18 am 
Longtime Regular

I suoppose this step is better than nothing. It pretty much guarantees the safety of the folks walking with the cops at that moment.

I would open carry on those nights, and simply walk the trail in the other direction. "Evening, officer!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:51 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I suoppose this step is better than nothing. It pretty much guarantees the safety of the folks walking with the cops at that moment.

I would open carry on those nights, and simply walk the trail in the other direction. "Evening, officer!"

Yep!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:

CCW! :twisted:

Counter-Copwise!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:33 am 
Longtime Regular

djeepp wrote:
I was thinking that too, but then all of the negatives popped into my head, one after another.

1. Many cops are anti's (for citizens anyway). They would not be thrilled to see us.
2. We would scare away all the anti's, cops might not like that too much either.
3. Someone could make the case that we are trying to impersonate police (don't jump on me for this one, just giving the scenario).
4. Would have a net negative effect for the carry community.

1. I don't know where you got that idea? How many cops have you asked?
2. Or as a carry advocate/instructor I/we could rally interest, support and possibly future students/permit holders.
3. Have you seen me? :lol: I've never seen a department issue Hawaiian shirts. :wink:
4. Actually, if you look at my above responses I think it's a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

mnglocker wrote:
3. Have you seen me? :lol: I've never seen a department issue Hawaiian shirts. :wink:

I think the Honolulu PD should consider it. :)

I agree with mnglocker -- it's not as negative as djeep is casting it, and may in fact be a positive.

It's a shame I'm so far west...it's be a fun place to take a walk. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:31 pm 

I'll take it from the pros then. I might just cart my wife and son down there today and take a stroll.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.