Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Changing company policy re: parking lots and private vehicle 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

So all it took was that email? Wow. Did they let you know personally when the policy changed?

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:38 am 
Journeyman Member

Just the email, he replied personally and we'll see if they change the policy to specifically address it or leave it as is. I suspect the latter as it is easier and they don't really want to let people know they CAN do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:45 am 
Poet Laureate

LOL!

Am I getting this right? The company has provided a convenience to the lower life forms of society, by dividing employee vehicles into two categories: the unarmed and easily muggable section, and the smash and grab section? Are they serious? Do they even have signs to let everyone know? :lol:

Is there really a separate parking lot for each kind of car and it's occupant? :roll:

Let me know how that goes. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:07 pm 
Journeyman Member

It's not that simple, some areas of the company site are subject to Federal laws which wouldn't care if I had a valid permit or not. It's a question of which areas fall under which definitions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:17 am 
Journeyman Member

Tonight was the first night I exercised the new policy. The parking lot designated for me to use is about twice as far away as I normally park. On the way in, I ran into the site VP and my department head, both of whom asked why I was parking that far out. I told them that I chose to be legally armed wherever possible, and that here that meant I had to park a lot farther away to be in compliance with company policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:43 am 

JohnK87 wrote:
Tonight was the first night I exercised the new policy. The parking lot designated for me to use is about twice as far away as I normally park. On the way in, I ran into the site VP and my department head, both of whom asked why I was parking that far out. I told them that I chose to be legally armed wherever possible, and that here that meant I had to park a lot farther away to be in compliance with company policy.

The answer to those who are anti could be "I figured I'd park further out, and get a little more exercise and fresh air!"

Also, how'd the VP and Dept Head take it? Anybody we can get out to the range? :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:01 am 
The Man

JohnK87 wrote:
The lawyer relents!

"Policy ***, Workplace Violence, states that workers may not have weapons in a personal vehicle while on Company property. The policy also contains the following language:

Applicability

This policy applies to all employees of *****. If, and to the extent that, any provision or section of this policy conflicts with federal, state, or local laws, the latter shall control.

Currently **** provides parking areas at <sites> for workers who carry or possess firearms in their vehicles. Those parking areas are on Company property outside the **** area. This arrangement complies with both federal law and state law."

So... I may have to use a specific parking lot, but I CAN keep my gun in my vehicle and not have to disarm on the way to and from work!! (Note- edits were made as the specific company and situation is not germane. There are some Federal laws that apply in areas but not including these parking areas designated. I'll work internally to ensure that this information is promulgated to those who need to know it.)
Sheesh. What part of "may not" didn't they cover at the Edna Wilson Law School and Storm Door Company that this lawyer went to?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:42 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
JohnK87 wrote:
The lawyer relents!

"Policy ***, Workplace Violence, states that workers may not have weapons in a personal vehicle while on Company property. The policy also contains the following language:

Applicability

This policy applies to all employees of *****. If, and to the extent that, any provision or section of this policy conflicts with federal, state, or local laws, the latter shall control.

Currently **** provides parking areas at <sites> for workers who carry or possess firearms in their vehicles. Those parking areas are on Company property outside the **** area. This arrangement complies with both federal law and state law."

So... I may have to use a specific parking lot, but I CAN keep my gun in my vehicle and not have to disarm on the way to and from work!! (Note- edits were made as the specific company and situation is not germane. There are some Federal laws that apply in areas but not including these parking areas designated. I'll work internally to ensure that this information is promulgated to those who need to know it.)
Sheesh. What part of "may not" didn't they cover at the Edna Wilson Law School and Storm Door Company that this lawyer went to?

Separate but equal. That phrase rings a bell...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:04 pm 
Journeyman Member

joelr wrote:
johngagemn wrote:
princewally wrote:
JohnK87 wrote:
and I didn't get strip searched yet!

Is that a pro or a con?

Depends on who's doing the searching! :twisted:
"Oooh. You're cute. Could you search me again? Slowly."

reminds me of the last time i flew out of the airport and had to stand to the side for the pat down. as he was checking my legs he looked up and i just gave him a big smile, he finished quickly and said to get out of here dude.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.