Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Yet another person I wish would "get off my side" 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:37 pm 

Well, it's in the Strib, therefore it must be true. :shock:

Do we know who her instructor was? :?:

<hr>
Now we have that out of the way:

1) The tale of the tape may be different in subtle but important ways than the story we've heard, but we'll probably never know, because the tape will probably never be made public.

2) We will probably never know whether she really had a permit, because this will never go to court, and there is no other way to find out.

3) No judge will go along with a felony conviction for somebody talking stupid on the phone.

4) The evidentiary and chain of custody problems for whatever audio was recorded by the bank would be problematic for prosecution.

5) And no, you can't fix stupid, and it's really not the instructor's jobs to be the gatekeepers who turn away people who are of questionable judgment or intelligence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:47 pm 
The Man

MostlyHarmless wrote:
Well, it's in the Strib, therefore it must be true. :shock:

Do we know who her instructor was? :?:

<hr>
Now we have that out of the way:

1) The tale of the tape may be different in subtle but important ways than the story we've heard, but we'll probably never know, because the tape will probably never be made public.

2) We will probably never know whether she really had a permit, because this will never go to court, and there is no other way to find out.

3) No judge will go along with a felony conviction for somebody talking stupid on the phone.

4) The evidentiary and chain of custody problems for whatever audio was recorded by the bank would be problematic for prosecution.

5) And no, you can't fix stupid, and it's really not the instructor's jobs to be the gatekeepers who turn away people who are of questionable judgment or intelligence.
Well, if she does have a permit, since she's been charged with an offense which, if convicted, would lose her the permit, the prosecutor can (and probably will) move to have her permit lifted. That's a matter of public record.

She's not one of mine, btw. But, also btw, I only know that because I looked; it's not at all impossible that somebody who takes my class won't have been paying attention, or will suffer a sudden loss of IQ.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

It does look like she had her driver's license suspended for a few years probably because of failure to pay a speeding ticket.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:32 am 
Longtime Regular

PocketProtector642 wrote:
rusty shackleford wrote:
Whenever I find myself surprised how stupid people can be I remember one thing - Think of how stupid the average person is, and remember that half of all people are dumber than that.

I'll have to remember that one!

Thanks for the new sig line rusty! :lol:

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:35 pm 

The worst part is the people against the permits will use this individual as an example of what permit holders are like, whether she has one or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:07 pm 
Trolling Doofus

who needs opposition when we got people like that on our side

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.