Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 "Coconut Charlie" debate 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:06 pm 

1) I never said YOU bashed Joe P.
2) No one is trying to belittle me. (I respectfully dissagree)
3) I am not worked up, but it seems some on here are. Like I said previously, I never back down from a good debate. I thouroughly enjoy them.
4) Thank you for bringing up the spelling police and grammer police. I feel that YOU are now trying to belittle me directly, by posting things like "...talk to your instructor (that person who taught you something)..." I also apologise for mixing up ACRONYM and ABREVIATION. Again, I am sorry.
5) As to the "newb" quotes and such....I totally understand. I am one of the most highly respected memebers of another internet forum with more than 60,000 members worldwide. I have been a member over their since 2003, and have over 5,000 intelligent posts. I am one of maybe 20 members on that forum that practically everyone knows and respects. I understand that I am a newb here, and that I have no street cred what so ever. That is why I am trying VERY VERY VEY hard, to keep my debate completely clean, and completely appropriate. Please point out anything I said that is otherwise. I will gladdly remove it, as I am not here to offend anyone, rather open up peoples eyes, so they can draw their own conclusions. I have been targeted with unfare "pokes" etc. several times allready. Any un-biased reader of this thread would most likely come to the conclusion that I am "keeping it very clean".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:34 pm 
The Man

Nitro wrote:
The following is not meant to be in response to any single forum member, rather to the last few pages of posts in general (since MY last post)

I can not beleive the backlash here.
That's okay. Your beliefs are, well, your problem.
Quote:

You are telling me, that if you were in fear of your life, you would not use deadly force? No matter what the law said?
I don't know who you're addressing that to; maybe that person can tell you what he or she would or would not do.
Quote:
Ok....Bye bye...your dead....

Makes absolutely no sense to me...
Well, yeah. I know. But, hey, everybody's got things that they can't understand. I'm real, real weak on integrals, myself.
Quote:

MY MORAL decision, is that I would use deadly force, if had fear of losing my life....no matter what the law might be....I don't have time to stop and think about laws in 2.2 seconds. I will hope that the jury beleive's it was an ETHICAL decision, and aquits me of all wrong doing.
Cool. You're planning on jury nullification already? As Coconut Charlie might say: "Wow!!!" Or "Zapf!" Or "Dingbat!"
Quote:
If not....I can live with it, becasue I KNOW, I made the right decision...

And No, Joe did not teach us that.....so don't go blaming him.....What he did do is OPEN PEOPLES EYES...so they could go and make their own decisions...

P.S. there were no bench rests for pistols,

there were no preloaded gunsd.

It is clear to me, you don't want to have an intelligent conversation, rather just a Joe Penaz bash fest....

I could care less...don't know the guy, and I don't know you Joel R....But by Joel's attitude, I am starting to like him less and less....
That I might lose the great boon of your friendship disturbs me in ways that I just don't have the words to express.
Quote:

And by the way, Joel complains about Joe P's website, I beleive Joel R has typed more incoharant things in the last few pages of this thread, than Joe has on his websites....
That's okay. Your beliefs are, well, your problem.
Quote:

Most of his comments are incomplete sentences, of which many make no sense to me.....coments like "NOPE" and such.
That, sir, is a damned lie. I very rarely type in all capitals, and almost invariably use punctuation. Retract that lie, please. That said, if you can't make your way all the way through a sentence that consists solely of, "Nope," with the proper punctuation, that's going to have to remain your personal problem. Honest. You may think otherwise. If so: nope.
Quote:

If anyone wants to have an intelligent debate about an instructor, teaching methods, opinions of laws, etc. Please do, as iI am more than up to the challange....I never back away from an intelligent debate.
Quote:
I am tempted to waive the rules for a moment, but the moment has passed.
I do run for cover, when people do "flaming" or want to speak with in-coharant rants etc.
Bye. Hope you made your way all the way through that.

You can continue to post here, at least for the time being. But please stop being such a flaming penazhole.

Last edited by joelr on Sun May 24, 2009 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:40 pm 
Forum Moderator

Joel noted: "Well, yeah. I know. But, hey, everybody's got things that they can't understand. I'm real, real weak on integrals, myself. "

Hey, Joel....I am good at them ... My favorite class that I taught was college Calc.... we can get together and I can teach you enough to impress friends and strangers with your integral prowess!

:lol:

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:50 pm 
The Man

phorvick wrote:
Joel noted: "Well, yeah. I know. But, hey, everybody's got things that they can't understand. I'm real, real weak on integrals, myself. "

Hey, Joel....I am good at them ... My favorite class that I taught was college Calc.... we can get together and I can teach you enough to impress friends and strangers with your integral prowess!

Deal. I had to struggle to get through that part of the high school class, and I just tried to see if I could solve a simple one, and failed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:54 pm 
Forum Moderator

joelr wrote:
phorvick wrote:

Deal. I had to struggle to get through that part of the high school class, and I just tried to see if I could solve a simple one, and failed.

Joel...there is a website that might help. http://icanduzintegrels.now

(sorry...couldn't resist)..

Have a great holiday weekend....

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:00 pm 

It is clear I am not welcome here, and debate is not tolerated.

I have made my point.

See-ya.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:00 pm 
The Man

phorvick wrote:
joelr wrote:
phorvick wrote:

Joel...there is a website that might help. http://icanduzintegrels.now

(sorry...couldn't resist)..

Have a great holiday weekend....
Already am. It could get better, I guess -- Nitro's last comment was a gift, just coming off the NARN appearance and some fun time at the range -- but that would probably have to involve Megan Fox, a rubber Annette Funicello Mousketeer costume, a swing, and some kneepads.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:02 pm 
The Man

Nitro wrote:
It is clear I am not welcome here, and debate is not tolerated.

I have made my point.

See-ya.....
Bye. And, yes -- *sigh* -- debate is not only tolerated but encouraged. That said: you're doing it wrong. "Debate" doesn't consist, even colloquially, of you spouting off whatever silly things you believe. If you think that . . .

Nope.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:29 am 
The Man

Nitro wrote:
P.S. for guys like myself, who are not permit to carry "nuts" or "twincitiescarry" aholics.
If you keep writing like that, folks will think that you are a "penazhole," you know. In fact, I've had one email asking if I thought you were Penaz. (I responded that I don't know, but I doubt it. You write a little better.)
Quote:
Please don't use so many accronyms....
A fair request, indeed. My response: nope. Hope that's clear.
Quote:
What is a DGU? deadly gun unit? dog gorn ugly?
Google is your friend. But I'm sure that that's difficult for you, so let me draw you a picture, and see if you can find the definition you could have looked for yourself. ImageThe definition is cleverly hidden in the graphic; see if you can find it.
Quote:
Joel R previously used an accronym to make fun of me too....
Honest, Nitie, if you come in here and ask questions in a reasonable, respectful -- although playful would be fine -- manner, the odds are pretty good that you'll be treated reasonably and respectfully. If not, suck it up.

But you didn't done do that, did you?

But . . . you came in with a chip on your shoulder, your head up your penazhole, and on Friday started flaunting your ignorance (which is curable, perhaps) and your arrogance (which probably isn't).

I think it's good that you don't mind being mocked, because you invited it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:34 am 
The Man

Nitro wrote:
I am one of the most highly respected memebers of another internet forum with more than 60,000 members worldwide. ImageI have been a member over their since 2003, and have over 5,000 intelligent posts.
I gotta ask: what forum?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:29 pm 
1911 tainted

joelr wrote:
rudy wrote:
I see that Joe is offering a free class for college students. Although I already have a permit to carry and took my class from Cobb, maybe it'd be interesting to go check out this "Coconut Charlie" character that everyone seems to be talking about...

(Cobb, I strongly suspect, will be losing no sleep worrying that he'll suffer by comparison -- ............

Very true, I will lose no sleep and would be interested in a comparison. If Joe P. offers information in his class that I do not and rudy feels is beneficial, well then I would seriously look at adding such information to my class. I am always willing to learn and improve my class, that is why I have sat in on several other classes with the instructor's prior approval and have had instructors sit in on mine, if only for me to learn from and try to improve my class presentation.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:18 am 

Nitro wrote:
I took my class from Joe Penaz last summer. I thought his class was excellent, and I came away very impressed with how and what was covered. I have not taken a class from anyone else, so I guess I have no way to compare. After the class, my opinion was that I just got way more than my moneys worth. I was so impressed that I assumed the class with Joe was better than most others out there...

I've taken Penaz's class, as well as one taught at the Post 435 gun club by two NRA instructors I can't remember the names of. I thought Penaz's class was lacking compared to the first course I took.

Nitro wrote:
Joe covers the required stuff, sometimes rather quickly, and spends time on what really matters (at least to me). He spent a lot of time disscusing Moral and Ethical use of deadly force, confrontation avoidance, etc. Ultimately, it does not matter what the law says, because a jury will end up decieding if a shooting is justified or not, and YOU will have to live with your decision to use deadly force. I actually think this is more important, because face it, if you are in a situation where you use dealy force, obviosly you were in fear for your life. I would rather make the right decision and spend 10 years to LIFE in Jail, than to be dead. (and not be in jail, because I followed the law).

You admit that you have only attended one permit to carry class. Do you really know what's required of an instructor? I would rather have the instructor spend TIME on the required stuff and cover it in detail... I would have been more pleased with Penaz if he would have actually gone over the laws instead of wasting class time showing off his automatic weapons collection, etc.

I think it's asinine of you to suggest that the laws don't matter. The laws are what allow you to LEGALLY carry a weapon in the first place. Everyone has a different view of what's morally exceptable. Maybe you think it's morally exceptable to shoot someone in the back when they're running to their car to grab a shotgun.

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject: Everyone need help with something!
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:51 am 

I've got the math thing covered pretty good(could do trig even after a few brews back in the day). However, I'm having trouble with my french, anybody know a mid 30's female brunette with a 36/24/34 figure that is willing to trade tutoring skills.

I'll even throw in shooting and/or fishing lessons if she will teach me all the 'good' words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:46 pm 
The Man

gyrfalcon wrote:
I've taken Penaz's class, as well as one taught at the Post 435 gun club by two NRA instructors I can't remember the names of. I thought Penaz's class was lacking compared to the first course I took.
You're not talking about Dave Arnold and his training partner, are you?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:49 pm 

joelr wrote:
gyrfalcon wrote:
You're not talking about Dave Arnold and his training partner, are you?

The names and faces looked familiar so I dug in my paperwork looking for the certificate...and it was from Defensive Firearms Institute.

Are you familiar with them? I haven't seen anyone mention their classes on twincitiescarry.com.

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.