Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Change of Address, How to Notify Sheriff? 
 Post subject: Re: Change of Address, How to Notify Sheriff?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:53 am 

What about moving within the same county?

I just moved from Lakeville to Farmington. Its still Dakota county but after reading all of these posts, I should change the address on my DL and have the address on my permit changed as well? Correct? Otherwise, if I just change my DL address, the next time I try to purchase a handgun, they will reject it because it doesnt match my DL.

Is it best to go in person to the county sheriff or should I just do it by mail?

“I reckon so”
- Outlaw Josey Wales

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:29 am 
Journeyman Member

Just called Dakota County and they said I need to drop by in person. Too far, and won't likely be able to find a time that works for me and the wife to do it together. I'll try by mail and see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:13 pm 
The Man

flyt100 wrote:
Just called Dakota County and they said I need to drop by in person. Too far, and won't likely be able to find a time that works for me and the wife to do it together. I'll try by mail and see what happens.

Cool. I'd send it certified, just to make sure that the poor dears are on the record as having gotten the notification.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Not certified, but "return receipt requested," actually. Just ask for the green postcard thing. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:29 pm 
Journeyman Member

Dakota County did change the address and issue new cards ($10 a piece) all by mail, even though though they said on the phone that I must go there in person.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 am 

joelr wrote:
flyt100 wrote:

Cool. I'd send it certified, just to make sure that the poor dears are on the record as having gotten the notification.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but for what it's worth, I sent an email to Bellows (Dakota Sheriff) with the updated address asking for a confirmation of receipt of the change. He replied a day letter stating he had received it, and updated the info.

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:15 pm 

I'd like to make sure I'm reading this correctly. I'm moving from Hennepin County to Wright County. It sounds like I'm required by law to send Stanek a notification that I'm moving. However the issuance of the new permit should be done by the Sheriff's Office in Wright County, correct?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:16 pm 

rtc wrote:
I'd like to make sure I'm reading this correctly. I'm moving from Hennepin County to Wright County. It sounds like I'm required by law to send Stanek a notification that I'm moving. However the issuance of the new permit should be done by the Sheriff's Office in Wright County, correct?

No... Until you renew all things PTC for you are handled by Stanek.

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:38 pm 

Uggggh, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the clarification.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.