Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Let's go shooting today (06/07/2007) 3p - 5p Bill's North 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:31 pm 
1911 tainted

Srigs wrote:
cobb wrote:
hammAR wrote:
Hey cobb, that little Rush Limbaugh is cute.

You don't forget, do you!!! :lol:

We had fun with it and did not even use any of your ammo! :D

Good fun shooting everyone's guns. I for sure want a M&P40c now so thanks Paul! 8)

More fun if I could have been there to watch you shoot my Rush Limbaugh. :cry:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:

Hey, for an old blind man, once I got familiar with the feel, angles, and trigger (first shot was a flyer) most of the rest were within a 2-3 in group at 7 yds.....not bad for a point shooter.........they wouldn't let me clean it though.

but now my wrist is sore and I will have to have a medicinal tequila..and one for you too.......and one for little Rush.......and one for Paul........ :lol:

Thanks, and I will keep a cold one in reserve for you bro.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:49 pm 
1911 tainted

hammAR wrote:
cobb wrote:

Hey, for an old blind man, once I got familiar with the feel, angles, and trigger (first shot was a flyer) most of the rest were within a 2-3 in group at 7 yds.....not bad for a point shooter.........they wouldn't let me clean it though.

but now my wrist is sore and I will have to have a medicinal tequila..and one for you too.......and one for little Rush.......and one for Paul........ :lol:

Thanks, and I will keep a cold one in reserve for you bro.....

Very small 9mm, miniature and almost non existing sights, a true long double action trigger pull with restrike ability, all make my Rush Limbaugh very hard to shoot.
2-3" at 7 yards is excellent hammAR.
My most likely use for the mini 9mm is at an ugly up and person range of probably contact range, with a 6 feet or more mandatory defensive situation would be a blessing.

So maybe off topic, but since all of you guys are having such fun with my Rohrbaugh.

Srigs, IS MY HOLSTER DONE YET??? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

I seriously stand corrected, it was 7 ft not yds..................

and on behalf of Srigs, yes I believe that it is done and we will be breaking it in next week........you should come along........ :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Cobb: I liked the look and feel of the Limbaugh :-(
Shooting it ... so so. For the money, I was expecting more. It shot like the P3AT's shoot for me. But then I guess you have to consider the gun a belly gun, the sights non existant, point shooting and a long trigger pull to get used to, and the quality of construction. You're essentially getting an all metal reworked precisely machined version of the P3AT. Looked at that way and figuring it was designed from the ground up, I can see where the price comes in.

Its a quality gun for sure. I just can't afford that kind of quality for a niche gun if that makes any sense.

HammAR: Thanks for the basic rifle lesson. I was extremely happy with the groups (multiple (well, ok, 2 shots a couple different places) shots in the same hole, with ~1.5" groups at 40 yards on my first time with a rifle was a good feeling. It's nice to learn on good equipment so you can see what the gun is capale of if you do your part.

How's your son feeling? Is he looking to sell the rifle after you reamed him for leaving it as you found it? :-)

The AR was fun to shoot as well!

Guarana, Sorry I had to leave so soon after you arrived.

Srigs: Get the one with the night sights from Streichers if they really are $450. I assume the sights can be changed out. I'b make it worth your while. I heard a rumor which I need to follow up on tomorrow. Kona says S&W will ship you an additional mag extension for the Compact if you call.

Ree: if you read this, check your PM. I have a range pass good for one shooter, one guest, and a free rental at Bill's. Let me know how to get it to you. Look into the Kahrs after you get close to a caliber. A P45 is on my list but the list is growing faster than the safe capacity :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 pm 
1911 tainted

hammAR wrote:
I seriously stand corrected, it was 7 ft not yds...................

Still very good for what the pocket 9mm pistol was designed to do.

hammAR wrote:
on behalf of Srigs, yes I believe that it is done and we will be breaking it in next week........you should come along........ :wink:

Thanks for the invitation, very considerate of you guys. :? :? :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

No.1 son is talking to EMT's as I type.(kidding)...........I assure you that he will NEVER again leave a weapon in that condition as long as he lives.....

Next time we will go to the outdoor range and work you in stages starting with 100,, over time we will go out to 500.......Srigs wants to go too...................practice the both the trigger exercise and BRASS (Breath, Release, Aim, Stop, Squeeze)...it will be fun and will get better.....I hope :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
No.1 son is talking to EMT's as I type.(kidding)...........I assure you that he will NEVER again leave a weapon in that condition as long as he lives.....

Next time we will go to the outdoor range and work you in stages starting with 100,, over time we will go out to 500.......Srigs wants to go too...................practice the both the trigger exercise and BRASS (Breath, Release, Aim, Stop, Squeeze)...it will be fun and will get better.....I hope :roll:

does rolling your eyes cause the scope to rise and fall as much as just THINKING about breathing does?

I'm IN for the 500 yard workup. If you're game, I'd really like someone to start from the beginning and really TEACH me to shoot a rifle. This self taught handgun stuff is ok at the ranges we're talking about but man that long range stuff sounds interesting.

Does anyone have a Copy f Art of the Rifle they'd be willing to loan out?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.