Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Did you vote? 
 Post subject: Did you vote?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:48 am 
Longtime Regular

I voted! The big dog came with me. He thought it was the most exciting thing ever and really, really wanted to come in the building.

Not much traffic at the polling site at that time in the morning, though by evening it is usually a madhouse.

Had a bad twenty minutes when I thought I wasn't registered to vote in the precinct I now live in... and realized every bill in the house is in my husband's name. And he's doing a 24 hour shift with the ambulance at an out station in another county. Fortunately it was a false alarm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:53 am 

I drove past my polling place at about 7:30. There were a lot of cars there. I skipped it at the time. I'm heading over there again in a little bit. I'll report back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 am 

Done and done! 8)

Minneapolis Police/Fire Dispatcher

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:14 am 

Just go back. I put on my "Peace through superior firepower" shirt and hit the polling place. I didn't have to wait in line at all. I hit the registration table and registered to vote. Filled in my choices and got my sticker.

In & out in about 8-10 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:28 am 
Longtime Regular

2 for McCain and 2 for Franken. J/K Norm got 2, we wouldn't vote for Al if he was the only one! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:36 am 
Longtime Regular

91 of 312 registered voters.

Took about 30 minutes. 5 minutes to vote and 25 minutes to be updated what all is happening in Lemond township, Steele county by the neighbors (election officals). The main topic was the new fancy chairs they were all sitting in and who had all their corn picked. The previous chairs were old wooden ones that had at least 10 coats of paint on them. (Probably lead paint.) The polling site is the old one room schoolhouse.

Election site was not posted for carry. There were a lot of other postings concerning the election. Did see a nice rooster on the way out. I didn't bring the shotgun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:42 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm told there was about an hour wait at my polling place (Keewaydin Park), but I was in and out in a few minutes at about 10:30 AM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:52 am 
The Man

Well, of course I voted. Since I do follow the rules and don't electioneer at the polling place, I didn't say anything about it to the two guys in line behind me who were both hunters and were pretty clearly planning on voting for Obama, from their conversation.

Sort of like black folks voting for David Duke, having heard that the seats are really more comfortable at the back of the bus, and all.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Well, of course I voted. Since I do follow the rules and don't electioneer at the polling place, I didn't say anything about it to the two guys in line behind me who were both hunters and were pretty clearly planning on voting for Obama, from their conversation.

Sort of like black folks voting for David Duke, having heard that the seats are really more comfortable at the back of the bus, and all.

Sheep. BAA BAA! :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:35 pm 

I voted. Nice crowd at polling place in south Mpls. I stood in line a while, didn't mind. :) Looking back, I should have worn an NRA logo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:04 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

Interestingly, if I had an NRA shirt, I probably wouldn't have been able to wear it. Arizona law prohibits bringing any kind of political material, including clothing, to the polls. Apparently they're quite militant about it, too, turning away people with Obama and McCain T-shirts until they either turn them inside out, cover them up, or change them.

I see the intent of the law in deterring electioneering at the polls, but there's gotta be a First Amendment violation in there somewhere. I don't think anyone's formally challenged it yet, though.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:41 pm 

Voted around 8:00 AM up in the Forest Lake area. Probably 50-60 people in line ahead of me, but they kept things moving and I was there for probably 20 minutes or so. A pleasant experience overall.

Boy did traffic suck on the way to work though (southbound 35W to Roseville area). Everyone must have had the same idea as me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

reaver3 wrote:
Interestingly, if I had an NRA shirt, I probably wouldn't have been able to wear it. Arizona law prohibits bringing any kind of political material, including clothing, to the polls. Apparently they're quite militant about it, too, turning away people with Obama and McCain T-shirts until they either turn them inside out, cover them up, or change them.

I see the intent of the law in deterring electioneering at the polls, but there's gotta be a First Amendment violation in there somewhere. I don't think anyone's formally challenged it yet, though.

I think Minnesota's law is about the same. A poster at our polling place says no signs, etc. within 100 feet of the building. I remember thinking that if they were strict about it you'd have to park your car with a bumper sticker on it at the far end of the lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Voted around 9:30 in Apple Valley Precinct 2. Busiest I've ever seen it. Although that's a relative term because I usually have no line and my pick of at least half a dozen open booths.

Today I had to wait behind one person and one booth opened up just as I was handed my ballot.

I almost had to wait to vote!!! Oh the humanity!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

The wife and I voted at 7:30 AM.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.